• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Offered job at comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take it (unless you have other offers), and keep your options open. Who knows where the Comair numbers will end up if they settle this RFP thing with Delta!
Good luck.

Would this be a dead end job?

Dude, you have got to be kidding me! What regional is NOT a dead end job? The best that can be said about any regional is that it can be a good stepping stone to another job. Don't get me wrong, everyone has to pay their dues somewhere. But, don't ever think that your first job will be your last job.

BTW, I'm a former Comair guy. Its a great stepping stone.

I am also in mesa's and asa's pilot pool but they are not my top choices right now. I think that comair might be a better choice than those two.

Hi!

Mesa is the worst-probably Comair is better than ASA, but it is unstable now.

Republic (Chautauqua) and Air WI are both desperate for new hires. They both would be better than Mesa or ASA/Comair at this point.

Republic is flying -170s and Air WI will probably be adding 25 new airframes shortly.

cliff
DAL

I heard there is pool at Republic, class dates are 3 to 4 months. Is this true?? I was offered the job at Republic, they never said anything about a pool. They told us we would be contacted for a class. I turned down a job 2 months ago with Comair because Delta was talking about dumping them. At that time i had a 135 job and didn't want to take the chance.

Go there finish training and then fly around a little in the CRJ and go somewhere better.

Interview to class date at republic is not 3-4 months. From the time I interviewed to the time I got a class date from Linda (dont remember exact dates) was only about 1-2 weeks, granted it was a 145 class which didn't thrill me, but my buddy just got a CRJ class starting soon too so it sounds like its a pretty quick process.

Why would a 145 class not thrill you? Don't all your FOs make the same pay regardless of equipment, or did you just have shiny jet syndrome?

The Hiring pool at RAH was about 3-4 months up until last June or so. Interview to a class date is about 3 hours to 2 weeks. If you haven't heard anything by then, it may not be a good thing. This company is hiring like mad; exect numbers.... I can't tell you. Last I heard was 2200 pilots by the end of 2007.

Latest resources

Back