Off Topic: Need suggestions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HawkerF/O

I have a lady friend, and she is a Real Estate Agent trying to figure out what to send her clients, perspective and current, something in the mail for Xmas. You know like magnets, a post-it note pad or a Calendar. I told her everybody does that so think of something new. Then she said like what and I had no idea. Should have kept my mouth shut. I know Corp guys see it all and usually come up with some pretty good ideas. Just thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone might have any ideas. Sorry to bother you with this and thanks in advance if anybody knows of anything interesting.

I guess the answer is that it depends on her budget. A few years ago the charter outfit I worked for bought luggage that looked like Luis Vuitton but was emblazened with our logo instead. It was a golf shoe bag, duffel bag and suit carrier - about $150 per set. We sent them to our top 50 customers - they freaked! Many said it was the best corporate gift they'd seen, much better than your standard chatchky, and most of them began using them immediately. It was always cool to see our pax show up with our luggage. But again, you get what you pay for.

Good luck to your friend.

How about matchbooks? Golf tees/balls? Golf towels? Or something really creative, like bobble head dolls? Believe it or not, I'm serious. It might be an interesting change for some folks. :)

Time2Spare said:
I guess the answer is that it depends on her budget. A few years ago the charter outfit I worked for bought luggage that looked like Luis Vuitton but was emblazened with our logo instead. It was a golf shoe bag, duffel bag and suit carrier - about $150 per set. We sent them to our top 50 customers - they freaked! Many said it was the best corporate gift they'd seen, much better than your standard chatchky, and most of them began using them immediately. It was always cool to see our pax show up with our luggage. But again, you get what you pay for.

Good luck to your friend.
Wow! It's nice to see a place send out something nice like that when customers spend so much money. I can recall a time when I was flying a charter managed airplane and the aircraft owners were taking a trip and the DO came out to the airplane and started passing out $60 logoed shirts to the owners and their guests before we departed. He didn't have to do that, and he didn't ask anyone for permission, he just did it. The PAX were beaming ear to ear and they were wrestling over who got what shirt for 30 minutes after takeoff. They loved it. It didn't not seem like a lot at the time, but when we landed they were all in great moods thanking us left and right for the shirts. From what I have seen, when you have money (and you are not famous), people want/expect you to pay a premium for ever little thing, so a freebie from time to time really makes a home run if it is done right. In my friend's case, being a real estate agent new to the game does not quite allow her to do things this nice, but she is trying and working hard so I was trying to help her out in any way I could. Thanks for your suggestions.

Ipod's for your best clients

engraved in back with company logo / info.

sure not for everyone as they aren't real cheap, but a useful gift they are!

forget shirts, hats, cheap jackets, etc....vendor gear is lame and usually is thrown out or used to mow the lawn.

Only DORKY pilots sport vendor gear.....:rolleyes:

HawkerF/O said:
I have a lady friend, and she is a Real Estate Agent trying to figure out what to send her clients, perspective and current, something in the mail for Xmas. You know like magnets, a post-it note pad or a Calendar. I told her everybody does that so think of something new. Then she said like what and I had no idea. Should have kept my mouth shut. I know Corp guys see it all and usually come up with some pretty good ideas. Just thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone might have any ideas. Sorry to bother you with this and thanks in advance if anybody knows of anything interesting.
I ain't a corporate guy, but...

Next time you'll think before you complain, huh? :)

The fact that she will be mailing them restricts the size, shape, and weight. The fact that she will likely want to mail a LOT of them restricts the cost. As much as I hate refrigerator magnets, I have to admit that they stick around a long time, pardon the pun. In other words, when the prospective client decides they need a realtor next September, the Christmas gift needs to be readily accessible.

Two types magnets that seem to fare the best around my place. First are the ones that have a calendar printed on them. A 4"x6" magnet with a picture of the Statue of Liberty as the background, a 2005 calendar in the foreground, and a picture, logo, and contact information for a local insurance agent adorns a metal filing cabinet nearby.

Another gets the ladies with kids every time. The basic magnet is about the same size, perhaps a little larger, but it breaks out into several "nested" picture frames and a business-card sized rectangle in the middle. Again, advertising tastefully adorns frames that can contain children's photos or artwork of various sizes, and the center magnet can either be used to hold something else up, or it can stand alone, or it can find its way to a less-auspicious demise.

Next up the chain of size and expense would be a mousepad.

Latest resources

Back