Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

starchkr

New Bus driver
Ok, i know we had a thread about this not too long ago, but i have a couple i want to see if anybody knows.

"Beach Ball"... heard monday while leaving HOU

"Triple Dog"... Heard today while leaving HOU

Any clues?

Beech Ball is a charter company out of Del Rio Texas, can't remember the exact name of it, but they fly cargo in twin Beeches, and 402s, And the other one I think you may be referring to is Turbo Dog, based in Fort Wayne Indiana, again can't remember the company name, but they have Lears, and I'm not sure what else.
I guess I didn't quite answer the two very well, but maybe someone else could fill in some more blanks.

:)

Call Sign

Zarathustra,

"Kansa" call sign is for one of the Kansas Air National Guard squadrons flying the KC-135R. Fly safe.

:cool:

Kansas

I thought that Kansas was one of the charter ops out of Kansas City. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe they flew Citations.

Yeah "Kansas" was Ratheon travel air. Hope I spelled that right.

What was ASA's old call sign? I can't remember?

ASA

ASA's old callsign was ACEY. Now it is Candler, which means nothing unless you are from ATL. Asa Candler and the Candler family owned the land that Hartsfield sits on now. They were also big money in that area and had something to do with Coke also. We had to change the callsign when we started flying west. There is an ANG or Guard unit out in New Mexico (I think) that is the Acey callsign. Evidently they are older than we are. FYI, I have never ever heard them on the radio.

How bout "Nightship"?

Latest resources

Back