Odd callsigns...revisited

starchkr

New Bus driver
Total Time
enough
Ok, i know we had a thread about this not too long ago, but i have a couple i want to see if anybody knows.

"Beach Ball"... heard monday while leaving HOU

"Triple Dog"... Heard today while leaving HOU

Any clues?

FreightGuyNTX

Total Time
N/A
Beech Ball is a charter company out of Del Rio Texas, can't remember the exact name of it, but they fly cargo in twin Beeches, and 402s, And the other one I think you may be referring to is Turbo Dog, based in Fort Wayne Indiana, again can't remember the company name, but they have Lears, and I'm not sure what else.
I guess I didn't quite answer the two very well, but maybe someone else could fill in some more blanks.

:)

SentryIP

Better lucky than good!
Total Time
10000+
Call Sign

Zarathustra,

"Kansa" call sign is for one of the Kansas Air National Guard squadrons flying the KC-135R. Fly safe.

:cool:

airnik

Total Time
+1500
Kansas

I thought that Kansas was one of the charter ops out of Kansas City. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe they flew Citations.

SDdriver

Total Time
FEW
Yeah "Kansas" was Ratheon travel air. Hope I spelled that right.

What was ASA's old call sign? I can't remember?

Ted Striker

Piece of the Portfolio
Total Time
ASA

ASA's old callsign was ACEY. Now it is Candler, which means nothing unless you are from ATL. Asa Candler and the Candler family owned the land that Hartsfield sits on now. They were also big money in that area and had something to do with Coke also. We had to change the callsign when we started flying west. There is an ANG or Guard unit out in New Mexico (I think) that is the Acey callsign. Evidently they are older than we are. FYI, I have never ever heard them on the radio.

hyper

We got "change" alright.
Total Time
How bout "Nightship"?

SDdriver

Total Time
FEW
I am almost positive that Nightship is Martinaire flying caravans.

If I am wrong please correct me. I have heard that one a lot.

SDdriver

Total Time
FEW
Sorry, I was close, I thought it was one of them. Thanks.

Fr8Dog

Total Time
Hey FreightGuyNTX, Turbo Dog is Air Cargo Express out of Fort Wayne like you said. One of their pilots told me that the owner was from Louisana and there was a beer down there called Turbo Dog so thats how they got their call sign.

Vandal

Total Time
I remember "Snoopy One" reporting in on miami center a few months ago...was the metlife blimp.

Birddog

On a mission...
Total Time
Heard the callsign "Billboard" over in Michigan this week. I assumed it was some blimp. Out in Moline, I have heard John Deere Citations using, cleverly enough, "Deer XX"

propilot

Go Sioux!
Total Time
Does anyone know what an IFTA is? Heard in various parts of CA.

charterpuke

Total Time
IFTA is International Flight Training Academy (All Nippon) out of Bakersfield, CA (BFL). They train All Nippon ab-initio Japanese students (future 747 drivers) in Barrons and Bonanzas.

Cardinal

Of The Kremlin
Total Time
K's
"Georgia" or "Georgian"? I hear them alot down towards Boston, but never seen em.

Smoking Man

High Speed Aluminum
Total Time
Georgian is a BE-1900 operator out of Canada, (Toronto??) I had them follow us into SDF, Lousville last month, they are Painted in Air Alliance, or Air Nova, colors.

Smoking Man