OCT 23 and Snow in SYR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LearLove

KSYR 231054Z 27007KT 9SM -SN BKN039 BKN050 01/M01 A2969 RMK AO2 SLP055 P0000 T00061011=

and some others locally:

KBGM 231053Z 31007KT 6SM -SN BR BKN033 OVC041 M02/M03 A2962 RMK AO2 SLP047 P0000 T10171028=

KFZY 231054Z AUTO 33005KT 8SM -SN OVC043 01/M02 A2968 RMK AO2 SLP053 P0002 T00111017 TSNO=

KITH 231050Z 36006KT 10SM -SNSH SCT015 OVC040 00/M02 A2967=

So I've been up all night renewing my CFI online and I walk outside at 6:15 am to go get some food and my car is covered.

Good thing I took a part-time job this winter teaching kids ski lessions at the local mountain. Guess we'll be starting up earlier than I thought. I'm prepping to be a ski bum for when I get furloughed due to J4J.

SYR

Lear,

Are there any inexpensive airport hotels up there?

It's snowing in MHT as well... but it's going to be in the 90s at home today!

lear love,
This is off the topic of the post but how late can you start to renew your CFI online. Mine is going to expire at the end of the month and I was planning on taking a checkride, but maybe the online course would save me a few bucks. Let me know about it if you could. Thanks

LearLove said:
furloughed due to J4J.

What is J4J? it's a term I have never heard before.

Archer

Mine was due in Aug... I started it on the 29th using the Gleim on-line course. Finished in one day and took the paperwork to my local FSDO on the 30th and had no problem.

Sky37d

The term "J4J" stands for " Jets for Jobs" I can't believe you are not familiar with this term if you read these boards. Do a search function on these boards, and you will get more than you need to know about J4J.

did the search
WOW!!

ArcherB said:
lear love,
This is off the topic of the post but how late can you start to renew your CFI online. Mine is going to expire at the end of the month and I was planning on taking a checkride, but maybe the online course would save me a few bucks. Let me know about it if you could. Thanks

Yeah, basically the same as Chper said. I started the American Flyers at 9 pm last night. I'm just about done now and will drive to Rochester on Fri to turn in the paperwork. 100 bucks for the American flyers online. I'll give a report when I'm finished.

Re: SYR

chperplt said:
Lear,

Are there any inexpensive airport hotels up there?

It's snowing in MHT as well... but it's going to be in the 90s at home today!

Yes, plenty of hotels, many guys commute to SYR and use the hotel. $ range off the topof my head is from 35 to 60. I'll check with someone and get the names and numbers for you. There are also a few crashpads, some of your guys are in on a pad with our guys.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back