• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Oct 10 Xjt Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Instead of saying I was "wondering" if I'll get a call.
I should have put "I know" I won't get the call since I understand there mins have gone up.

REGIONAL4LIFE....
The last thing I'm worried about is any airline questioning my time.
I've been a licensed pilot for over seven years. Probably not as long as most on this board but plenty of time to total up my little amount of hours.

If anything my hours have grown very, very slowly from flying on and off.
Just recently became a CFII/MEI. That's where the hours have trickled in.

No daddy to pay for my time. No right seat time that was not as a CFI either.
I've got a little part 135 exp. at a large cargo company.(Not pft either.)
Maybe that's the only reason I was asked to submit, but again I know it's a long shot.

Last edited:
Greyhound

Pay no attention to all the negativity, If then mins have gone up then you probably wont get a call until you reach them since they have been getting alot of former 121 guys from places like FlyI and there maybe more if the rumors about Mesaba and Pininnicle(sp) are true. But when the mins were 600/100 there certianly was people hired with that time and made it through training most with no problems, and I know this for fact because one was in my training class. The most important thing beyond the mins is recent time. Good luck.

I was not trying to be neg. I was just saying that he needs the mins before he will get a call. And yes... there is going to be alot of 121 guys coming over!

Regional4life said:
Keep wondering. You won't get a call with that time and they (and most captains) don't really want you with that kind of time. Sorry, reality. Get some more experience, then welcome in. But, you have to agree that at 600 hours you have 100 multi. 3 reasons why. 1. Daddy bought you time. 2. Parker pencil flying (meaning you lied). 3. You were a gear bitch that rode the radios and logged time when you didn't deserve it. Try your real time at XJ and maybe you can get in. With that, anyone, (including our hiring pilots), would question your honesty. And, if your lying, we don't want you.

XJETDriver said:
Umm... No you wont get a call. You have to have the min time FIRST!!

Well...........1000 hrs. isn't necessarily a requirement these days:
http://www.atpflightschool.com/airline_training_programs/airline_alliances/expressjet_alliance.html

I know at least three people who did this and currently fly for XJet and each of them had about 600hrs and just over 100 multi.

Things are also changing as they are getting more picky. Yeah you might get an interview now through all atp but definitly isnt a for sure job.

Regional4life said:
October 3rd class was postponed to Oct 10th class. Work on your dates newbie. All other classes at this time are still go. Otherwise call planning.
Umm....this thread is about XJT...as in ExpressJet....not XJ as in Mesaba, which I believe is who you work for. You may want to get your identifiers right before you jump all over someone else.

SkyBoy1981 said:
Umm....this thread is about XJT...as in ExpressJet....not XJ as in Mesaba, which I believe is who you work for. You may want to get your identifiers right before you jump all over someone else.

Yeah...XJ and XJT are very much different! Were you talking about XJ this whole time??

Latest resources

Back