• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Objection to Delta's DIP financing for Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The furloughs will go in reverse seniority order any capt displaced whether, 9e, 9l, XJ will move to where there seniority will hold.

Before saying you want out of seniority furloughs remember this...if you want it for the Q's what are you going to say when they get rid of the 200's? Does your opinion change when it involves the aircraft you're on?

I didn't like the Bloch award. But nothing will change it. Now we need to protect the list, furlough in reverse order, and try to find something else. If we allow out of seniority furloughs, that will follow us to every company we go to.

NWA was in bankruptcy and proceeded to continue paying Pinnacle its fees while stopping its payments to Mesaba. Forcing it into bankruptcy. In that bankruptcy NWA swooped in and bought mesaba. How much did they buy mesaba for? I cannot remember but I know they got a good deal.

NWA purchased Mesaba for $145 million in 2007. Delta then sold Mesaba to Pinnacle for $62 million in 2010. IMO....Not a very good investment on their part.

This objection was filed by shareholders. They will get blown out regardless of who gets the DIP financing. Since Delta is the largest creditor and has the ability to enforce its default rights (PNCL was in default of the DCAs prior to filing) they get to call all the shots. Expect this to get approved by the court without issue.

Granted but, correct me if I am wrong, but Mesaba was owned by NWA/Delta at the time and NWA/Delta assets could be used to guarantee the loan. Pinnacle is a different ballgame because it is an independent entity.

We'll see what happens here. Hopefully for my former coworkers and everyone involved the company will be able to get the Delta loan plan approved.

At the time of Mesaba's bankruptcy Mesaba was not owned by Northwest. We emerged out of bankruptcy with Northwest buying us.

"Simon" Says the guy who already jumped across the fence with a full training cycle?

True that I jumped the fence, but doesn't change the fact that the company is losing with how and when I jumped.

But I still believe in senority and wouldn't change my stance on senority. The union will probably be forced by the courts to negotiate a different deal. Just my oppinion...doesn't make it right or wrong.

But I still believe in senority and wouldn't change my stance on senority. The union will probably be forced by the courts to negotiate a different deal. Just my oppinion...doesn't make it right or wrong.
You lucked out. Ask your 2000-2001 DOH colleagues what they think of "seniority" when they are below 2006 DOH 9E and 2007 DOH 9L pilots.

The whole US bankruptcy system is insane. It allows weaker companies to reorganize and then come back and compete (with a court imposed lower cost structure) with stronger companies causing more bankruptcies. It rewards the weak and punishes the strong resulting in weaker industries. If bankrupt carriers were forced to liquidate this industry would be a lot stronger. We need some corporate darwinism to strengthen the gene pool. Bankruptcy, at least in this industry, is just another form of regulation. In this case it regulates industry labor cost structure.

That's pretty much the gist of it. And management use it to it's fullest advantage. I wouldn't be surprised if all airline managers got together once every couple of years at a Vegas strip-club to decide who's turn it was next.

Probably because Menke is not stupid and knows something about bankruptcy law. Look up Sub Rosa bankruptcy. Its clearly established in bankruptcy case law that a creditor cannot improve its position by providing DIP financing. Don't be surprised if this motion is granted and the DIP goes away. If that happens it looks like Chapter 7 will be the only option.

And whom do you think will be there to pick up the large 70 seat + airframes? Yep. JA.

JA? Bosnia Air? Thats what the search turned up. lol Yeah I tend to think in the short term a out of seniority order furlough would benefit most but in the end no one SHOULD EVER want to have that happen. The future we would have to live with would suck. Imagine anytime an aircraft is parked, and you are on that aircraft, you would lost your job. ALPA would do the right thing and defend the ALPA seniority list with its full team of attorneys. But then again....who knows the future.

Latest resources

Back