Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Oberstar STILL doesn't want mergers.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will say this: We as pilots need to develop a mindset where we DO NOT CARE who is in the whitehouse, or CARE ABOUT WHATEVER OTHER OBSTACLE IS IN OUR WAY AGAIN. THEY DON'T WANT TO PAY US. THEY'LL NEVER WANT TO PAY US. I made $20k as a turboprop Fo- after 9/11 they came to us for concessions. You'll never make a low enough amount. They will always have a case for paying you less. Then they will take their short term competitive advantage and try to make it your long term "industry standard" wage.
read the signature below- and get that attitude.

Woody and Tomct- you guys amaze me-- get all your current events from FOX and your degree from Rush U?
You're like a political version of Tom Cruise telling Matt Lauer "Look, you don't know. I know about these things. You don't know."

Meanwhile you got all your info from a quack

To the detriment of your profession- the Republican party does appreciate your loyalty.

Let's lay down the circular logic and unprovable conspiracy theory for a minute and just ask a simple verifiable question: Who is the first president to have never met with ALPA?

Or we can go with the old time Reagan classic:
"Are you better off than you were 7 years ago?"

Are you saying that was not a valid question and most current events are truly dictated by leaders from several years prior- where do your excuses run out?

The majority of Reagans Presidency was fixing Carter's multiple disasters. Ask people who voted back in the 80's who they voted for....LANDSLIDE VICTORIES for Reagan. Search what Geraldine Feraldo heard from the US Autoworkers when she was trying to win their votes for a VP run to the Whitehouse. I am not saying that there were no mistakes made back then, but to compare them with the massive SH!TSTORMS Clinton and his regime got this country into is like comparing apples and oranges.
Now I will say that when a President takes office, if his party does not control the House or Senate...nothing is going to get done. Why...one party does not want another party to look better and who ends up suffering...THE PEOPLE!

Tomct,

Are you not the one who is a big fan and supporter of Virgin America. Do you want to keep a Republican in office in the hopes that they will allow foreign ownership and allow virgin to expand with money and support from outside of the country........Just wondering?

Tomct,

Are you not the one who is a big fan and supporter of Virgin America. Do you want to keep a Republican in office in the hopes that they will allow foreign ownership and allow virgin to expand with money and support from outside of the country........Just wondering?

I never said that i was a big fan of VA, I just posted information that I read on ATW and heard from friends that are over there and really like it. It is not my place to say whether they made a good choice or not. With open skies coming, it won't matter. Everyone is going to be getting into bed with foreign carriers. Like it or not...it is coming...Heaven Help Us!

Oberstar was also vehemently against separating the age 65 language from the FAA authorization bill, until some back room deal was done and viola - Fly till you die.

His words mean nothing, fellas. The minute this guy gets his piece of the action, it's a done deal.

Yeah, F' Oberstar. He's another bloviating politician who could care less about anything or anyone unless it serves his own narcissistic direction.

Typical Democrat!:rolleyes: Lot's of gum flapping and nothing to back it up. This country always goes to H3LL when a Dem sits in the Oval Office.

Republicans: Good! Democrats? Bad!

No offense sir, but are you for real? Both parties are wrecking the Government, making irresponsible decisions based solely on politics and personal enrichment, and you actually believe the republicans are fiscally responsible, want small government and make much better decisions than the democrats?

Perhaps you also believe people are "conservative" or "liberal".....:laugh:

All joking side, what recent successes can you point to that highlight the competence of Republicans?

All joking side, what recent successes can you point to that highlight the competence of Republicans?

No repeat terrorist attacks, for starters. And it's not from a lack of effort by the bad guys.

If you think that's something to blow off, consider how much trouble our industry would be in if there had been another such attack.

No repeat terrorist attacks, for starters. And it's not from a lack of effort by the bad guys.

I'll give that credit to professional government and military personnel, not the Republicans. Bush does get credit for deciding to engage the enemy overseas (Iraq) on our terms vs. their terms and at home, but his administration is a joke and has done damage to our country that will take decades to repair.

My point is this: if you folks think the Republican party of 2007 stands for any traditional Republican values, you've been brainwashed or aren't paying attention.

Our political system is more broken and corupt than its ever been. Decisions are being made on a daily basis that run counter to sound strategic, long-term national security.

We're well on our way to becoming a second rate power, all so a few can enrich themselves and their friends. (And the people I'm talking about have an R or a D next to their name.)

Latest resources

Back