• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Obama Signs Orders to Help Unions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You really think Afghanistan/Pakistan is gonna end up any better?

What I'm talking about is Chicago, Detroit, New York, L.A., and every other major city, becoming the new front of America's incipient civil war.

Think I'm joking?

The military had captured, interrogated, and killed many terrorists, enemy combatants, and even captured Sadam Hussein. They have rooted out many bad factions in Iraq and Afghanistan that raped, pillaged, and enslaved decent and honest people. In addition to that, they have kept the fight over there, keeping us safe over here. I would say that's a very good reason. While I'd admit that many corporations got the best end of the deal the last 4-8 years, I wouldn't go saying our men and women over there have died in vain.

I also mostly agree with you about Iraq. I think Bush deserves a ton of credit for keeping our country safe since 9/11.

My only concern is that for every bomb dropped and innocent civilians life ended or ruined, how many new terrorists are you creating? How many family members and children will vow to kill Americans for ruining their lives. Only time will tell.

History may show we did the right thing in Iraq. If Iraq is a better place in the next decade (and its getting there) then it was worth it. If there are future attacks on the US someone besides Bush will surely be blamed although it may have been his actions that created a next generation of terrorists.

I also mostly agree with you about Iraq. I think Bush deserves a ton of credit for keeping our country safe since 9/11.

My only concern is that for every bomb dropped and innocent civilians life ended or ruined, how many new terrorists are you creating? How many family members and children will vow to kill Americans for ruining their lives. Only time will tell.

History may show we did the right thing in Iraq. If Iraq is a better place in the next decade (and its getting there) then it was worth it. If there are future attacks on the US someone besides Bush will surely be blamed although it may have been his actions that created a next generation of terrorists.

Couldn't agree more with the second and third paragraph. The 9/11 attacks were said to be as result of anger over the first Gulf War.
I think it's safe to say major attacks are planned for years.
I have a hard time buying that GW "protected us from an attack". I think he missed an oppurtunity to get worldwide support to go after terrorists and just created a mess in the Middle East.
Al Qaida was not in Iraq till we attacked.

Last edited:
Its all good though because Obama is gonna sit down and talk/reason with Ahkmadenatard, the Saudi's, Syrians etc, sprinkle his magic dust and show them that America means them no harm and they just have us misunderstood. The Wahabbi's, Jihadists, Firebrand Imam's and ultra-radical Clerics will lay down thier weapons, join hands with the Isrealis/Americans and we will all live in peace and harmony forever.....

Its all good though because Obama is gonna sit down and talk/reason with Ahkmadenatard, the Saudi's, Syrians etc, sprinkle his magic dust and show them that America means them no harm and they just have us misunderstood. The Wahabbi's, Jihadists, Firebrand Imam's and ultra-radical Clerics will lay down thier weapons, join hands with the Isrealis/Americans and we will all live in peace and harmony forever.....

That's why Obama kept Gates, and strikes in Pakistan picked up after Obama took office, right?

Sorry, I know you probably don't like facts to get in the way of your baseless argument.

Obama signs a pro-union regulation.
The union represented Pilots on FI (who voted Republican) immediately claim that we are all screwed.
The argument switches to 9/11 and terrorism.

What is wrong with you people?

Where is Occam, when we need him?

Quick question – When American Airlines went on strike back in 1998, what President and party sold us down the river and called off our strike in 18 minutes?

Though I like the words, I’m not quite buying the party line yet. I’ll believe it when I see it.

AA767AV8TOR

The military had captured, interrogated, and killed many terrorists, enemy combatants, and even captured Sadam Hussein. They have rooted out many bad factions in Iraq and Afghanistan that raped, pillaged, and enslaved decent and honest people. In addition to that, they have kept the fight over there, keeping us safe over here. I would say that's a very good reason. While I'd admit that many corporations got the best end of the deal the last 4-8 years, I wouldn't go saying our men and women over there have died in vain.

yea what he said. much rather fight them over there, than in Manhattan.

Latest resources

Back