• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

R U on the KC-135T??

I flew the -R.

cliff
GRB

I can see new tankers, but another bomber? what is wrong with the $1 Billion each B-2?

Um, 20 B-2s can't hack the whole mish. They're expensive as hell and have abysmal MC rates. The B-1s have got the chit flown out of them; they're literally canibalizing the fleet to keep up. The Buffs are so old it's painful to fly (I'd know..) and meet, at best, a permissive environment requirement. Anything more than that I might as well take a freggin' B-24 with me cause that's about the edge I got in that gunfight. I'd literally be better off taking an FB-111 from the boneyard today, no questions asked (at least it'd take less people than the Titanic to take a heading, forget glass panel).

The bomber fleet is not doing substantially better than the tanker fleet I'm afraid....

Well this is great. Basically they are waiting to lose a crew and a plane. Oh the crew loss wont be a big deal to them but a loss of a tanker especially a KC10 would be a big loss for mobility etc.

As for the bombers..sure what country needs to worry about securing air dominance and advancing technology (extreme sarcasm). We are too worried about taking money and passing it out to others.

CHANGE you can believe in.........

Why do we need bombers?

M1 tanks?

Balistic missles?

Arent those things used for war, atleast preventing a war?

The US has shown we will NEVER uphold our sovrienty, much less use our arsenal to go to war.

We (the USA) have shown that we will not react militarily when needed. Anybody recall what happened with the pirats in the Indian Ocean when the US Navy just sat and watched while the Indian Navy had to come out and lob a few rounds to destroy the pirate mother ship.

So what good are bombers, carriers, missles?

Pathetic!

Last edited:
You don't have the first clue what you're talking about. We don't make political decisions for the most part. Sounds like you're just trying to stir up trouble, facts show that you're just an ignorant... you not the first and won't be the last to put on that kind of humiliating display.

Under the current administration the military will be veiwed like supplemental insurance, the longer we go with using the less likely we need it. Plus the current administration wouldn't know or understand anything to do with strategic planning or fleet replenishment...hell they can't pay their taxes let alone figure out the economy.

You don't have the first clue what you're talking about. We don't make political decisions for the most part. Sounds like you're just trying to stir up trouble, facts show that you're just an ignorant... you not the first and won't be the last to put on that kind of humiliating display.

I guess that was directed my way?

I do know what I am talking about.

This site where people write alot of opinion, its just that.

If I am wrong with the very limited example I gave, then you can disprove it. Be my guest.

Simple fact is, there are no more warriors running our miltaries, but instead Harvard grads or other Ivey leauge suits.

Something tells me your not going to disprove, your just another opinion based aggitator.

I just read the facts. I'm the messenger. I'll be waiting for you to call BS on me.

I'll fore warn, if your not a student of history, you might want to have the google standing by.

Also, I never was directing my comment towards Commanders on site, I have nothing but respect for the uniform and the brave men and women serving.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back