• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

O.K. Now whats AA's move?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why do they have to do anything? Arent they big enough? Its all about size right?

Hate to say this, (I'm no fan of AA), but American...once the strongest of the strong airlines, refused to use the govt. bankrupcy laws to restructure themselves as did the weaker players. Now, through that govt. help to the others, American now is amongst the weakest and has few options left to merge with. Government has once again proven that hard work and corporate responsibility has little to do with a company's ultimate success in the history books.

Hate to say this, (I'm no fan of AA), but American...once the strongest of the strong airlines, refused to use the govt. bankrupcy laws to restructure themselves as did the weaker players. Now, through that govt. help to the others, American now is amongst the weakest and has few options left to merge with. Government has once again proven that hard work and corporate responsibility has little to do with a company's ultimate success in the history books.

Tell that to Ford. It has more to do with the competence of mgmt. It's impossible to have a successful company when it's primary agenda is how to combat labor rather than build a realistic business plan. The US major airlines have not had comptenent leadership in years.

Last edited:
Tell that to Ford. It has more to do with the comptence of mgmt. It's impossible to have a successful company when it's primary agenda is how to combat labor rather than build a realistic business plan. The US major airlines have not had comptenent leadership in years.

Again, I'm no fan of AA...and the company became strong and proud through the hard work of labor. My comment is only as it pertains to the bigger picture of government's huge role in neutering a once strong company. They didn't go thru bankrupcy...they didn't dodge the responsibility of employee pensions thru the bankrupcy games...and look where they're at...

Again, I'm no fan of AA...and the company became strong and proud through the hard work of labor. My comment is only as it pertains to the bigger picture of government's huge role in neutering a once strong company. They didn't go thru bankrupcy...they didn't dodge the responsibility of employee pensions thru the bankrupcy games...and look where they're at...

It's United States Bankruptcy law, not the government's bankruptcy law.

Me thinks your teabagger goggles are distorting your vision.

"We have every intention of competing vigorously and, of course, are continuing to evaluate a range of alternatives to make American and oneworld even stronger." AA CEO

Latest resources

Back