NZ Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mudkow60

Has anyone flown Air New Zealand? Cheap tix from SFO to NZ. Was just wondering if it is worth it.

May be a cheap flight...

So... nobody has flow on these guys?

I've never flown NZ, but the flight may be cheap, but if you are going anywhere in NZ, bring your fat wallet, because nothing else in that country is, even if you stay out of the cities, your looking at $9 pints of beer...... Good luck on the weather, remember it's winter there right now, and NZ is not know for it's sun, even during the summer, but especially during the winter.

Um thanks... I live in SF, so I am not too worried about the price of beer being expensive. We are headed down during their summer... I have only heard good things about the country from bubbas that have lived there.

Was looking for some airline info...

Air NZ puts every airline in the US to shame, so no worries there! Enjoy the flight!

I have not been on Air NZ in a while but it was very good. Take the cheap tix

As a passenger with the cheap tix going from LA to Auckland, I can say it was a wonderful experience. (for the cheap seats at least....)

I've never flown NZ, but the flight may be cheap, but if you are going anywhere in NZ, bring your fat wallet, because nothing else in that country is, even if you stay out of the cities, your looking at $9 pints of beer...... Good luck on the weather, remember it's winter there right now, and NZ is not know for it's sun, even during the summer, but especially during the winter.

I have family down there and usually visit in their summer. Maybe $9 New Zealand for a pint. I was down there in Feb, and it was 1.9 NZ to 1 US, now it's about 1.5 NZ to 1 US. Do the math, not too far off from what you pay here in the states. Wasn't uncommon to go into a convenience store or a "dairy" and pay $3-4 NZ for a bottle of water, again do the conversion. Food was pretty much the same. When I was there, if a meal here in the states costs $10 US, I was paying $18-20 NZ.

And yes, some things down there are more expensive, things like name brand goods, etc. But you can get steals on some electronic things, some others, not so much.

As far as the weather, like I said, I'm there in the summer. Sun is usually out every day, but not all day. Occasional rain, but not every day.

Air NZ puts every airline in the US to shame, so no worries there! Enjoy the flight!

I've taken both AZ and QA straight to AKL from LAX, both were good, but QA was the better of the two.

Um thanks... I live in SF, so I am not too worried about the price of beer being expensive. We are headed down during their summer... I have only heard good things about the country from bubbas that have lived there.

Was looking for some airline info...

From a passenger point of view riding in a coach seat, well, it's a coach seat for 12 hours. The in flight entertainment is good on both carriers, but again the nod goes to QA for selection and comfort of the seat.. But on both carriers there are more movies than you could possibly watch on the flight. Unlike many U.S. carriers where its just 2 or 3 playing over and over again.

Last edited:
I lived in New Zealand am a Kiwi and beer is nowhere near $9 a Pint unless your in some swanky Auckland, hotel or some resort. There would be a public outcry! Those are Dubai prices. If you find a cheap ticket on Air NZ dont ask twice take it.

Latest resources

Back