Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Facts Family Guy...Facts...

BWY Bob/FamGuy/B9 posted:

The [SIC] are already talking about NJ having "fat" in other places that can be cut first because they know what is coming....

Yep, NJ is going down the same road. All the compliments RTS has had on this board should be ending soon and everybody will be asking for his head on a platter because he couldn't find a way to make the company profitable with a CBA that was so expensive it bring the company down in these economic times.
As an astute poster pointed out above, these are OPINIONS, not facts.
WHO is "The" (They)? Facts FamGuy, we need at the very least some links.

Once again you post we took a "greed" contract. You are obviously ignorant of what transpired a year ago. I'll give you a hint...the initials are I.B.B. and this was negotiated with the interest of the company and union.

Go bone up on some old posts from this time last year. Knowledge is power. Guessing and predictions are well....

Guessing and predictions are well....

Like a$$holes....everyone's got one......

I don't know who this clown really is (and I don't really care) Hoggy but it's hard to explain to somebody outside the family what is actually going on. It really isn't worth the effort.

Like a$$holes....everyone's got one......

I don't know who this clown really is (and I don't really care) Hoggy but it's hard to explain to somebody outside the family what is actually going on. It really isn't worth the effort.

I know...like his tag line it's sport for me, but I'm finished trying with this guy.

See you on the road GSD!

You can't be that ingnorant!

Facts Family Guy...Facts...

BWY Bob/FamGuy/B9 posted:

As an astute poster pointed out above, these are OPINIONS, not facts.
WHO is "The" (They)? Facts FamGuy, we need at the very least some links.

Once again you post we took a "greed" contract. You are obviously ignorant of what transpired a year ago. I'll give you a hint...the initials are I.B.B. and this was negotiated with the interest of the company and union.

Go bone up on some old posts from this time last year. Knowledge is power. Guessing and predictions are well....

Hogprint, are you that ignorant (or just so inexperienced that you don't understand it) of recent union history?

All the CEOS of legacy carriers were hailed as great successes by the unions in the late '90s when there were record breaking profits and massive CBAs were inked with United, Delta and American. Nobody, and I mean nobody cared what those CEOs were paid or how many millions the boards gave them.

When the economy bit the dust (like it is now) and the money dried up, suddenly everybody cared about how much they made and the unions blamed poor management rather the a change in the economy.

When the revenues for NJ drop, RTS is going to be in the same boat as the other CEOs when he asks NJASAP for the givebacks. NJASAP is going to blame poor management rather than the economy and RTS will be the union goat when things stumble instead of the slow reacting union.

This isn't opinion, it's historical fact. I'm drawing a direct comparison with the industy leading contracts of 7 years ago and the NJ contract of today.

Union history always repeats itself and my prediction is by the end of the year all of you will hate the decisions that RTS is going to be forced to make due to the economy and none of you will blame the high cost of the CBA or the lack of action by your powerless in-house union.

When the revenues for NJ drop, RTS is going to be in the same boat as the other CEOs when he asks NJASAP for the givebacks. NJASAP is going to blame poor management rather than the economy and RTS will be the union goat when things stumble instead of the slow reacting union.

This isn't opinion, it's historical fact. I'm drawing a direct comparison with the industy leading contracts of 7 years ago and the NJ contract of today.

Union history always repeats itself and my prediction is by the end of the year all of you will hate the decisions that RTS is going to be forced to make due to the economy and none of you will blame the high cost of the CBA or the lack of action by your powerless in-house union.

Predictions aren't facts. Your historical discussion may be factual, but your subjective predictions (about the future) are conjecture, even if based on similarities you perceive between the current situation at NJ/NJASAP and past situations at other carriers.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fact

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prediction

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/subjunctive?jss=1

B9 posted:

All the CEOS of legacy carriers

Netjets isn't a legacy carrier. You of all people should know the difference if you claim to be in the position you say you're in.

This is a new ball game. Like I said in an earlier post. A case of beer of your choice if it doesn't turn out as you "predict".

Latest resources

Back