NYC bus driver vs. ASA pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Phony Marconi

They just "settled" the NYC transit strike with a contract. Only a month after its amendable date.

See what a real union does for its members.

Compare: A NYC busdriver...

1) $50,000 a year starting salary for a 40 hr work week. Home every night.
2) No educational requirements.
3) No career-threatening medical exam.
4) 1.5% payroll deduct for health coverage.
5) Retire age 50 with full lifetime pension AND health coverage.
6) Approx 3% raise each year.

......and an ASA Captain

1) $60,000 a year after a 3-7 yr upgrade period. 300-400 hrs away from home each month
2) Ratings/experience/school at own expense.
3) 6 month medical jeopardy.
4) approx 5% payroll deduct for medical coverage.
5) NO retirement pay or medical coverage.
6) NO raise in past 3 years.

I'm going up to New York! I don't know if they even hire white males to drive buses, but I can try!

Last edited:
Oh my, hahaha, that was so funny! I'm so glad I read another post about ASA's terrible quality of life!!

Good, please go to NYC. Just don't let the door hit you on the way out. You are a tired act, so is everyone else here with their whining and complaining. If you don't like the aviation industry and what it is offering, what is keeping you here?

But I gotta give it to you, your constant, pointless, and most of the time senseless posting goes unread and is about as amusing as eating 3 day old elephant puke from a rusty bucket of nails.

And for the record, you'd get eaten alive in NYC and would be writing home to mommy asking her if that flight instructing position at the FBO was still available.

Out.

JDREsquire1224 said:
Oh my, hahaha, that was so funny! I'm so glad I read another post about ASA's terrible quality of life!!

Good, please go to NYC. Just don't let the door hit you on the way out. You are a tired act, so is everyone else here with their whining and complaining. If you don't like the aviation industry and what it is offering, what is keeping you here?

But I gotta give it to you, your constant, pointless, and most of the time senseless posting goes unread and is about as amusing as eating 3 day old elephant puke from a rusty bucket of nails.

And for the record, you'd get eaten alive in NYC and would be writing home to mommy asking her if that flight instructing position at the FBO was still available.

Out.

Don't look now, but, your IGNORANCE is showing!

Try living in NYC of $50K per year. You are better off making $60K per year in ATL or SLC.

JDREsquire1224 said:

Out.

Settle down, Beavis.

At least he recognizes the problem; all he's doing is pointing out the differences between ASA and NYC busdrivers. If you don't like what he posted, just don't read it. Nobody is twisting your arm.

You're probably one of those a-holes who take it up the a$$ everyday from ASA mgmt and turn around and say "thank you may I have another".
Grow a spine and stand up for yourself once in a while.

The only thing that smells like 3 day old elephant puke is your breath.

They just "settled" the NYC transit strike with a contract. Only a month after its amendable date.

See what a real union does for its members.

Let us not forget that the NYC bus drivers do not work under the Railway Labor Act.

I'm not so sure the Bus Driver vs. Pilot argument holds any water. I'm sure a BD's salary is subsidized by taxpayers not by the passengers and/or the fare they pay. Unfortunately we're all at the mercy of our individual airline generating its own profits with no gov't / taxpayer help to pay our salary.

Back when taxpayers were helping the airlines (aka regulation) pilots were making plenty of money and there weren't any complaints about the race to the bottom.

Phony Marconi said:
I'm going up to New York! I don't know if they even hire white males to drive buses, but I can try!

Go to NYC...on $60,000 you might be able to afford Queens, or the Bronx (maybe right outside Yankees (SUCK) Stadium ...oh sorry) real nice there. Have fun driving the bus for the next 30 years. But you'll be PAID.

Please, Please go..

Latest resources

Back