• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NY Times. It's Done

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Radio said: UAL is doing the buying! With what $?

Really? Why would that be? I think you might be surprised, and I guess, unpleasantly surprised at that. I guess the worst thing is that I would have to go back to flying a pos 737 but hey, it could be worse huh? What do you think?

IAHERJ

It could always be worst. It could have been USAir!!

Last edited:
Radio is wrong. UAL shareholders are getting 55% of the combined stock. United brand to be retained. UAL is "buying" nobody.

Radio is wrong. UAL shareholders are getting 55% of the combined stock. United brand to be retained. UAL is "buying" nobody.

No, I don't believe it's wrong. They are buying us with 1.05 shares of UA stock per each share of CO. That will represent 45% of the new company. That's what all the fussing was about last weekend, price per CO share.

Surely this won't stop the tide, but here it is.

It's not worth wasting your time bickering on this board regarding UA/CO SLI. An anonymous board will not influence those in control, nor will they or have they probably ever visited here. If you want your opinion heard, call your reps/attend meetings and voice it. Try to refrain from arguing back and forth here because it's less than worthless and does nothing but add unnecessary stress to your life.

Now, carry on!

How many 777's will the new company have. I don't think there is an airline with more.:beer:

No, I don't believe it's wrong. They are buying us with 1.05 shares of UA stock per each share of CO. That will represent 45% of the new company. That's what all the fussing was about last weekend, price per CO share.

From the WSJ online:

The boards of directors of both companies approved the merger Sunday afternoon. The agreement, which the companies described as a merger of equals, will be based on a stock swap with no premium, people familiar with the matter said.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Really? Why would that be? I think you might be surprised, unpleasantly surprised I gather.....Oh well.. worst case in my head is that I would have to go back to flying a pos 737 but hey, it could be worse huh? What do you think?

IAHERJ

I was talking about United guys being furloughed twice in 10 years ending up above CAL guys who are flying today or very recently furloughed.

It just boggles my mid how a jacked up company like United was yesterday among the worst and tomorrow becomes "biggest airline" in the world.

Before you guys gather the pitchforks, I'm talking about your leadership - not your pilots.

Gup

Yuppy,
According to APC, CO has 20 and United has 52 giving them a grand total of 72, placing them behind Emirates with 85 and counting.
So you can actually still disagree with instructordude...!!

Latest resources

Back