NxxxQS incident out of IAD 4-3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DoJetMX said:
Actually no. First off the whole beer thing. Go for it, I don't give a sh*t. Not my deal, even though from what I hear it may have happened. I was in a van with a hand held that only goes to my local office. I went that route as it was the only one I had, so don't assume what you don't know. I orig posted this in the hopes that the crew or someone who knew the crew would know that I tried to get them to stop before they left. I don't think it matters that it is posted here. It's not the crews fault. Could have been the FBO ramp crew that pulled the chocks, and marshalled the acft out. How would the flt crew have known? Easy over there Capt jump down thy throat....
NOTE: the name has "MX" in it. What "pull" have you ever know us to have except the pen and the bright orange sticker to make your jobs more difficult.

Hey, DoJetMX,

You guys/gals in MX were always top-notch professionals, even with your contract negotiations being dragged out. I never had to worry about whether or not my aircraft was safe to fly because of MX issues, and you guys never whined even if it meant working outside in winter WX at ORD to get a flight out. There's no doubt that an AMT from ACA/Independence would do anything they possibly could to prevent an unsafe operation, I'm sure you tried.

-Furloughed Blueridger-

DoJetMX said:
Actually no. First off the whole beer thing. Go for it, I don't give a sh*t. Not my deal, even though from what I hear it may have happened. I was in a van with a hand held that only goes to my local office. I went that route as it was the only one I had, so don't assume what you don't know. I orig posted this in the hopes that the crew or someone who knew the crew would know that I tried to get them to stop before they left. I don't think it matters that it is posted here. It's not the crews fault. Could have been the FBO ramp crew that pulled the chocks, and marshalled the acft out. How would the flt crew have known? Easy over there Capt jump down thy throat....
NOTE: the name has "MX" in it. What "pull" have you ever know us to have except the pen and the bright orange sticker to make your jobs more difficult.

Dude, don't let them try to make you sweat it. If the crew was doing their operational handbook (like I know they should) They would have pulled the chocks out while doing their walk around before flight.

They are trying to find a way out of being responsible and putting it on you because pilots hate to hear that they made an error.

Gatorman said:
Dude, don't let them try to make you sweat it. If the crew was doing their operational handbook (like I know they should) They would have pulled the chocks out while doing their walk around before flight.

They are trying to find a way out of being responsible and putting it on you because pilots hate to hear that they made an error.

I haven't seen the 'crew' trying to pass the buck. We all know who's responsible in the end.

Another job action idea

Add this one to the list of ways to delay or cancel flights! Drag a chock. Cancel the flight! Inconvenience your passengers! Most important, piss off the company. That is the objective right?

Then you will get that raise and retro pay FOR SURE.

In the interest of attempting a constructive dialog - which is a rarity around here - same thing happened to me one time but with the nose gear. Luckily the crew behind us gave us the heads up and we stopped and removed it - hanging by the rope on the scissors. Until now I had no idea how it had happened, but thanks for the post about chocks sticking to tires - I had never thought of that.

In the interest of attempting a constructive dialog - which is a rarity around here - same thing happened to me one time but with the nose gear. Luckily the crew behind us gave us the heads up and we stopped and removed it - hanging by the rope on the scissors. Until now I had no idea how it had happened, but thanks for the post about chocks sticking to tires - I had never thought of that.

These threads are constructive. Another reminder that the last quick 360 around the aircraft before closing can be some of the best 2 minutes you'll ever spend this side of your buddy's wife or girlfriend.

CatYaaak said:
These threads are constructive. Another reminder that the last quick 360 around the aircraft before closing can be some of the best 2 minutes you'll ever spend
For once I agree with you, now get back to b*tching.

Latest resources

Back