NxxxQS incident out of IAD 4-3

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DoJetMX

To those who were on NxxxQS out of IAD on 4-3 who had the "incident" that required them to come back....>>>>Sorry guys or gals. I tried my hardest to get to you before you took off. The lines of communication were not fast enough to get to you before you left. If I could have drove my van out on the taxi way to stop you I would have. Made the best attempt at any rate. Glad it all worked out OK.

DoJetMX said:
To those who were on NxxxQS out of IAD on 4-3 who had the "incident" that required them to come back....>>>>Sorry guys or gals. I tried my hardest to get to you before you took off. The lines of communication were not fast enough to get to you before you left. If I could have drove my van out on the taxi way to stop you I would have. Made the best attempt at any rate. Glad it all worked out OK.
Ok, now you gotta tell us what happened??? You can't make a post like that and leave us hanging!!!

DoJetMX said:

I agree with Falcon Capt. How did you notice? Fuel door open? Gear pins in? Com'on now...tell us!

Sorry. Noticed while on taxi out LH main gear was towing a very large yellow wheel chock. They managed to T/O and from what I was told returned after having a gear problem (i.e. one of them not coming up all the way). Like I said, that is what I was told. I did see two Citation 10s come in at the same time, one of them followed by an airport OPS truck, but I could not see any more than that. Sht happens, just wish my radio had better speed to the tower.

Great and you posting this info helps how?

If you want we can talk about that large beer shipment from overseas on an airbus.

Sorry, BS warning. If you have ramp access and a radio, you could call ground or ramp and they would have stopped them in their tracks.More than likely you have a scanner and are just getting your kicks at someones expense.

actually i'm pretty sure he's a mx supervisor over at indy air at IAD.

Next time he should have painted the whole nose of the airbus instead of just the tip.

Of course he probably doesn't have much pull if he can't stop a plane on a taxiway with one call to ops.

Actually no. First off the whole beer thing. Go for it, I don't give a sh*t. Not my deal, even though from what I hear it may have happened. I was in a van with a hand held that only goes to my local office. I went that route as it was the only one I had, so don't assume what you don't know. I orig posted this in the hopes that the crew or someone who knew the crew would know that I tried to get them to stop before they left. I don't think it matters that it is posted here. It's not the crews fault. Could have been the FBO ramp crew that pulled the chocks, and marshalled the acft out. How would the flt crew have known? Easy over there Capt jump down thy throat....
NOTE: the name has "MX" in it. What "pull" have you ever know us to have except the pen and the bright orange sticker to make your jobs more difficult.

Last edited:
Chocks

Important post for an old reason:

After being fueled and the aircraft has settled, there have been times when the chocks stuck to the rear of the tires. As the a/c moves forward they roll over the top and become stuck between the tires. It is importantant that you pull the chocks off the tires... not just from in front of them.

"Still Climbing"
TCA

Latest resources

Back