• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA's future in PHL/PIT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually.. NWA has increased Capacity in PHL and PIT (look at the schedules)...

The only old time table I have is exactly two years old. Over these two years PIT's capacity to MSP has been equal, DTW is down 32%, and MEM is up 150 seats (due to no service between this city pair two years ago). Total capacity out of PIT is down 50 seats daily.

PHL's capacity to MSP is down 12%, DTW is up 5%, and MEM is down 27% for a total loss of 110 daily seats.

CLT's capacity to MSP is down 27%, DTW is down 35%, and MEM is down 25% for a total loss of 320 daily seats.

Also keep in mind that capacity in general is up around 10% over the past two years. Its pretty clear that NW is pulling service from these three cities in a big way.

If NW wanted any USAir hubs they would have gone in and taken them instead of going after two carriers that are doing a plenty good job of driving themselves out of business (ATA and Midwest). Time may prove me wrong but as of now it doesn't look like NW wants anything to do with old USAir routes that they proved over the long haul that you can't make money on them.

Richard Anderson told us at a pilot meeting before he left that they expected USAir to liquidate early '05, and that the day after NW would be in PHL and/or PIT

What does a vice president at Medtronic know about the current strategy at Northwest Airlines?

You may be right.. I am not going to argue with one of my own...

I just see increase in service to MEM-PIT (replace USAIR), increase in service to PIT-MKE (replace USAir).

The baby 9's are gone and all I see are -30's and -40's to DTW. The amount of flights to DTW and MSP are the same, although equipment changes are a regular thing.

I cannot speak about PHL or CLT, but there has been some changes in PIT over the 6 months.

atpcliff said:
Hi!

TSA has very few airplanes flying for UAir.

They are working on a "new" airline to fly the 70 seaters, I believe for AA.

I believe that with NWA's new contract with it's pilots, that ONLY NWA pilots can fly plans of 70 seats or more.

Cliff
LRD

Actually, TSA has quite a few planes flying for US (J-balls and ERJ's) and the "new" airline is not to fly 70 seaters for AA, it is because of AA's scope clause with APA. Consider the recent agreement and $$'s paid to APA because of Chautauqua's recent foray into 70 seat flying for UA.

Latest resources

Back