NWA Wants....WHAT?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flatspin7 said:
Maybe a bankrupcy judge will show a little spine and stand up for labor for once but some how I doubt it with the current climate and Adminstration

Why do you care? You voted for it.

flatspin7 said:
Maybe a bankrupcy judge will show a little spine and stand up for labor for once but some how I doubt it with the current climate and Adminstration
Yea, the prez created Katrina to get even with all the po' black folks, now he's done run amok on the airlines to get even with the rich white folk. It all makes sense to me now.

I've been saying this for the last several years... all the focusing on preserving pensions was NEVER going to amount to jack sh*t. It's gone. Period. Now it's time to focus on saving jobs at a wage that's livable.

The really depressing thought is that, at the new pay scale they propose, I'll make more as a 5 year CRJ CA than I would as a 10 year DC-9 driver. I'm sure it won't get quite that bad (the judge would likely not allow them to cut THAT deep) but it's depressing the company would even try.

Sad what all this is coming to... :(

Good thing you're at 9E and not XJ. I don't think you would make as much as the DC-9 pilot as a 5 year Saab FO......and that's before the concessions.:)

Hey IB6

I don’t interpret his message as a threat but rather as a matter of fact. Obviously the issues with their contract, work rules, and lifestyle degrade, are not the fault of jetBlue pilots. All we are is a convenient punching bag. The dilemma is that no one with the ability is correcting the miss-information.

For anyone that depends on NWA for your commute you should carry a non-rev pass as a back up. You can obtain a pass authorization by filling out an online form on the Pass Bureau website:

Also, please continue to send any reports of jumpseat issues on NWA. Each report is followed up with and is the only avenue we are offered toward a remedy at this point. We’ve been assured that each incident is followed up with the offender. We need: DATE, LOCATION, FLT #, CITY PAIR, and the name of the captain if possible.

As we persist to work on this issues, please continue to welcome all our off line jumpseat riders with our renown hospitality. Any type of retaliation or intimidation would only further deteriorate this situation.

I can only tell you that this is really isolated. I have not heard of any conspiricy to deny a js pass to anyone and I apologise for any disgruntled Capts who have inconvienced your pilots. This is not widespread that I know of and I will post it on the ALPA web board. I just called our JS rep and left a message to call me back. The topic of my discussion will be that instead of saying it is the Capt's discression, it should be accompanied by a lecture on being an a$$hole.

In defense of Nu Guy,

If you have a beef, rather than venting here, I suggest that you have your Jumpseat Coordinator (or equivalent representitive of your pilot group) call 1-800-NWA-ALPA. Ask for the contact point for our JS Coordinator. Please provide details such as flight number, departure point and date, name and contact point for your pilot denied boarding, and any other pertinent details.

If these are multiple events, as you seem to allude to, provide those details as well.

Our JS guy is fastidious about following up on things like this. After you hear back, be a sport and post what you found out.

I really do not think he was being sarcastic. I think he was trying to get some action taken because nobody should be doing this. I am sure that the Capt's involved are "head up their a$$" types who are living 30% beyond their means and somehow missed that the landscape in the aviation industry has changed. I think Nu Guy is as appalled as 99.9% of our guys are/will be when they hear this.
Deli

Last edited:
Hey as a side question does anyone out there know how to email the nw js coordinator? I hate playing phone tag with these guys. I can't get anyone to pick up a phone at ALPA HQ on a Saturday.

Deli Guy said:
Hey as a side question does anyone out there know how to email the nw js coordinator? I hate playing phone tag with these guys. I can't get anyone to pick up a phone at ALPA HQ on a Saturday.

What on earth makes you think anyone is IN the ALPA HQ on Saturday?

sorry, duplicate post.

Last edited:
Deli Guy

I posted a fairly sarcastic post, which usually gets lost when it is read over the internet versus hearing it in person. I wanted to draw attention to the fact that some of us who live in NWA cities are getting a little frustrated. It was just isolated incidents up until last week. Last week it happened to three different people. It is now becoming something more than isolated. Not a whole lot we can do about it, except keep reporting these incidents. From the looks of the reply from the NWA JS coodinator, his position is there is not a lot he can do about it either. I had this happen to me about 6 months ago, along with 2 or 3 others, and they were all reported. Through this all we have never ceased to welcome any and all NWA employees that qualify to the 4 jumpseats we offer, and any of the 156 seats that are empty. We would like to see something done about it, because if it continues I can assure you that the welcome may not be as warm in the future. That is certainly not a threat, but the attitude of some of our guys is going downhill when this shat keeps happening. What will that solve? Absolutely nothing but get us further from where we would like to be, but if you kick your dog enough times...well...you know. This is happening in MEM, MSP, and DTW, and I know because I have spoken first hand with some of our pilots that live in these cities. Some of us are being treated like scabs, many of us are furloughed from legacy carriers, all of us just want to have a career that gets the bills paid. I don't think we should have to run around with a pay stub and a copy of our work rules to help smooth things over when we are asking for a ride to work. Personally, I jumpseat on NWA usually twice a week. The majority of guys have been jovial and professional, "no problem, welcome aboard"...20-30% are a little frosty, but whatever, and a select few have been ugly. The main purpose of my original post was to do two things, (1)point out that this is becoming something more than just the occasional isolated incident, and (2) point out that we carry a lot of NWA people to work, that without us would have a beatch of a time getting there. Rant over, I want to thank you for trying to get involved and somehow help the situation out a little.

Latest resources

Back