NWA Truly pathetic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AimPoint said:
NW will have to step up Air Marshall flights to stop passengers from taking seats they didnt pay for. Flight attendants will spend most of the flight moving those filthy center seat passengers from sliding. They wont have time to do anything else. Maybe we can give the aisle upgrade passengers a red vest to wear or a propeller beanie to don to keep the steerage out of the aisles. Maybe they can make them pay for chairs that recline….$20 for reclining aisle seats. ya that will help. Make the fare $20 and then charge for everything else.
They will just install some sort of device on the seat, like the Club on steering wheels.

NWA is wasted I loved to see how all the unions worked together. Whats up with the scab aircraft mechanics???? And all the union work groups alpa too did not one thing to help out the mechanics. But are working side by side with them. I guess like stated before NWA is truly pathetic

I'd Pay

I'd gladly pay extra for a garunteed exit row. Most people over 6'4" would, I really love it when I get on a plane and see three 5' something people sitting there as I wedge myself into the middle seat of a 757 in back.

Just think of what a down trodden low life you will feel like while slipping into the middle seat, some trailer trash enjoying the window will no doubt look at you with disgust. Sure, try explaining to them it was the only seats left- not beause you could not cough up another 15.$$

I guess RJ flights can now charge extra for all the premium seating!

They should charge for carry on bags.

the passengers......you're all supplementing their vacation with your pay cuts!

Last edited by a moderator:
I see a big problem with charging for an exit row seat. It's one of the dumber ideas I've seen but nothing from NWA management surprises me.

Scenario to consider - Gate agent mistakenly "sells" exit row seat to a passenger who is unqualified (per FAR's) to sit there. We all know from experience that gate agents occasionally assign exit row seats improperly. FA determines the passenger is not supposed to be seated in the exit row. Now you have a problem. The passenger has a sense of entitlement to his/her exit row seat. After all they paid extra for it. So what now? Will the FA have some way of crediting the customer's credit card? I feel sorry for the NWA FA's that will have to deal with the aftermath of this stupid idea. It's going to cause delays and frustration for employees and passengers alike. On a typical narrow body aircraft they would make more money if they charged fifty cents more per ticket than they would selling exit rows and desirable seats for a premium. If they had so much as half a brain they would try to assign the better seats to those that paid more money for an unrestricted fare. Why not just give the better seats to those people paying more for a ticket in the first place. Give them something to feel good about.

Use your freaking brains

You people make me sick. I just hope you're not the same people that bitch endlessly about fares being so low and if managemant would just raise fares pilots would be able to make $ like the old days and all our problems would be solved. The simple fact is that if NWA gets these charges to stick, it will add precious funds to combat ridiculous fuel costs and they will be quickly copied by the rest of the industry. If a customer backlash materializes that negates the benefit of the charges then they will be discontinued, simple as that. You have to hand it to NWA for at least trying SOMETHING to increase revenue!!! Or am I the idiot?!?!?!?

AlphEcho said:
You people make me sick. I just hope you're not the same people that bitch endlessly about fares being so low and if managemant would just raise fares pilots would be able to make $ like the old days and all our problems would be solved. The simple fact is that if NWA gets these charges to stick, it will add precious funds to combat ridiculous fuel costs and they will be quickly copied by the rest of the industry. If a customer backlash materializes that negates the benefit of the charges then they will be discontinued, simple as that. You have to hand it to NWA for at least trying SOMETHING to increase revenue!!! Or am I the idiot?!?!?!?

Your the idiot.........all that extra revenue is lining the executives pockets. Just an extra bonus for them next year while the rest of the work group takes it in the rear!

I just saw the story on NBC nightly news and was just as pissed as everyone else on this thread. Rediculous to say the least!

AlphEcho said:
You have to hand it to NWA for at least trying SOMETHING to increase revenue!!!

Perhaps they should of gone along with the 29 or so fare hikes that were attempted by other carriers over the last several years.

But why bother increasing revenue when you can run to the employees and whine for more pay cuts.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back