• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Transferring Pinnacle Assets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well if this happened on Nonconnah... Maybe it was enough to light a few fires under someone's butt to get things right. I figured after this last mini-meltdown there would be something similar to this.

How else are you going to rattle the troops? Give them to Mesaba? that does not fix the problem, they can't staff them completely either!

Now offer them to Mesa or someone established it would then get my attention.

By the time NWA moves the asset's over, crew planning would have thier heads out of thier backsides and possibly correctly staff this thing they call an airline.

People on Nonconnah have an awful lot to lose (jobs) if they start losing the fleet to XJ. Management has just as much to lose, getting a JY golden paracute when NWA is in BK is very unlikely.

Good post though...

Were any of you guys around in 1997??? What happened to Express's flying in MSP? I don't think it too much of a stretch for NWA to take airplanes from 9E to XJ. I hope they don't play the game again.

mynameisjim said:
Can't quote stuff like that, I wouldn't even post what's above with my name attached.

Your name is Jim.

screwed_again said:
Were any of you guys around in 1997??? What happened to Express's flying in MSP? I don't think it too much of a stretch for NWA to take airplanes from 9E to XJ. I hope they don't play the game again.
Some of us yes, me NO...

But I was around for the 3 x-mas meltdowns that got our VP "fired" and we still took jets for 9 more months.

My point is if there was some validity to this, but... we have had too many meltdowns what makes this one any different?

we already lost 15, start taking a few more for "long term parking" and maybe our mgmt will get the idea NWA is not screwing around anymore.

This is more of a worry for mgmt than the line pilot, it is not like I can make a difference to change anyone's mind.

Flyinisforbirds said:
Mesaba has a few CRJs being used for proving runs, and that will be all they receive from the delivery side for now.

Another one is being delivered this week.

By the way, do you work for flight ops at NWA?

Last edited:
Actually XJ CRJ proving runs are done, they flew N601XJ revenue starting on october 1st. Revenue service was not scheduled to start until the 13th, then all of the sudden on friday afternoon they said it was going to start on saturday the 1st. I find interesting that they would rush into this thing unless NWA and XJ mgnt had something up their sleeves.

Latest resources

Back