Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Super Premium Wide Body Boondoggle - if 65 Wasn't Bad Enough...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am not willing to do anything.
I have made my issue with this known when it was passed on your side. We tried this before at DAL, but it did not work out that well or for two long.

They retired, they need to go. I can just see the company really be rooting for this one. It is a huge cost savings to them, and hence was the point of my previous post.

They is management. I am sure that there are some that think we can gain something by allowing this. The only thing it allows is slower attrition.
I know what it is and who has a say, but with the PWA, the company has a stake in it too.

Not really. These said pilots will be making more money flying part time than they do now with a full schedule. They are sitting on a retirement of 150-160K/yr. They are working beyond 60 now for minimal pay above their available retirement. The company still has to fund the retirement, and the sooner pilots start drawing, the more costly it is for the company.

ALL DAL pilots should stand with the junior 2/3s of the NWA list and shoot this BS down. Either they retire and get out of the way, or fly until 65 if they wish. Again, their pay is not significantly greater than the retirement they are eligible for. Most will leave well before 65, unless we let them keep their "flying club." They want it both ways, at the junior pilot's expense. Let them move on.

On another note, why even entertain it unless it's available to ALL pilots. Not just those over 60.

Schwanker

Not really. These said pilots will be making more money flying part time than they do now with a full schedule. They are sitting on a retirement of 150-160K/yr. They are working beyond 60 now for minimal pay above their available retirement. The company still has to fund the retirement, and the sooner pilots start drawing, the more costly it is for the company.

ALL DAL pilots should stand with the junior 2/3s of the NWA list and shoot this BS down. Either they retire and get out of the way, or fly until 65 if they wish. Again, their pay is not significantly greater than the retirement they are eligible for. Most will leave well before 65, unless we let them keep their "flying club." They want it both ways, at the junior pilot's expense. Let them move on.

On another note, why even entertain it unless it's available to ALL pilots. Not just those over 60.

Schwanker

I am glad to see a FNWA guy come out and say this is a crock. If the over 60 crowd wants to fly, then stay till 65. If they want the retirement then leave. Only a greedy SOB could come up with a plan to retire and fly part time.:puke: I will be writing my rep. Hope it works. I cant believe someone could propose this with a straight face.

I am glad to see a FNWA guy come out and say this is a crock. If the over 60 crowd wants to fly, then stay till 65. If they want the retirement then leave. Only a greedy SOB could come up with a plan to retire and fly part time.:puke: I will be writing my rep. Hope it works. I cant believe someone could propose this with a straight face.

Heyas FG,

I'm not sure it's going to be received all that well. The guys pushing this are the same guys who abstained from voting for Moak, when he was the only candidate for chairman in the combined MEC.

Hehe, good plan...

Nu

Last edited:
unless we let them keep their "flying club."

Exactly!

I feel fortunate that most of the Delta pilots will see this for what it is and shoot it down. If we were stand alone it probably would pass. One more final shiv in the ribs just when you thought age 65 was the last.

This message is hidden because clyppyrip is on your *********************************** list.

This message is hidden because clippyrip is on your *********************************** list.

I'm sure this tool had something useless to say as usual.

I have faith in my MEC. They think in the long term and not just for one group of pilots. My voice and reasoning will be know and I will listening to what the MEC has to say about the issue.

are you kidding me? The Delta MEC thinks long term, as in giving away thousands of job via scope concessions? Yeah, lets give up 90 seat jets......it won't affect our jobs cause time will always be good and Delta will always be growing.

Latest resources

Back