NWA Straw Poll on TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lear70 said:
When the Captain is 2 from the bottom and 60% of the seniority list is furloughed.

No Occam, it was not from Northwest, but that doesn't mean I don't know the history. No, I haven't really liked ANY of the Northwest agreements in the last decade and a half that kept selling Scope for more money and now it's fu*ked you and the rest of your coworkers.

If you think that Northwest isn't going to pull annother "Pinnacle" and spin it off for cash, line their pockets with it, then sell your furloughed cohorts down the river to another ultra-aggressive management group (like they did with Pinnacle), then you're simply dreaming. Money talks, bullsh*t walks.

By the way, comparing go-karts to F1 doesn't have anything to do with comparing a Supplemental 121 727 Captain with a Northwest 727 Captain. Same airplane, same job, period. If you think being a Northwest Captain equivalates you to being an F1 driver, I'm sure there's a certain female F1 driver who'd enjoy wiping the asphalt with your cocky a*s. :D

Incidentally, that was a nice attempt at a redirect, so I'll put it to you bluntly. Again.

Now, Mr. Arrogant, exactly HOW are we going to accomplish this?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Keep talking buddy, nothing new coming out of your mouth that supports a "yes" vote, just more of the "me-me-me" concept. Unless you have anything new to ask, don't bother, we get it, you're in it for yourself.

I find it interesting that the MEC couldn't even get behind their own T.A. enough to endorse it, and had to give it a "Neutral" recommendation. Makes you wonder why... Or at least it makes US wonder why, you probably don't give a sh*t.

Female F1 driver? There are no female F1 drivers. None. Zero. Zip.

81Horse said:
How does a captain get furloughed?

From a previous post he admitted to flying for Express One. Not to be confused with the pre-pinnacle Express One.

Express one is quite possibly the scariest freight company to ever operate 727's.

Lear 70 should thank his lucky stars that he was furloughed from Express One when he was so that he is still around to bug the sh1t out of us.

Freight Dog said:
Actually, that's reality, and it is beyond me why NO pilot group has figured it out to tell their respective managements to f**k off with their "concessions requests."

AirTran pilots did, last year.

"Admitted to"?

Hell, I'm proud to have worked there. We had some oddball pilots, but so did the Kitty, Ryan, and just about every other charter outfit running Boeings out there (some still in existence) and I had no complaints about our maintenance, especially in the postal system.

A LOT of our EOI guys have landed all over the map, including FDX, UPS, CAL, SWA, AirTran, jetBlue, AWA, Alaska, and Netjets just to name a few places. If we were that "scary", I don't think our pilots would be enjoying those careers. :)

Thanks for the vote though, let me guess... you used to work for Ryan? I never did understand why the two companies never really mixed in the postal hub, each had their own "side" of the room and, for the most part, stayed there. Strange stuff...

Lear70 said:
If you think being a Northwest Captain equivalates you to being an F1 driver, I'm sure there's a certain female F1 driver who'd enjoy wiping the asphalt with your cocky a*s. :D

Incidentally, that was a nice attempt at a redirect, so I'll put it to you bluntly. Again.

Now, Mr. Arrogant, exactly HOW are we going to accomplish this?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Keep talking buddy, nothing new coming out of your mouth that supports a "yes" vote, just more of the "me-me-me" concept. Unless you have anything new to ask, don't bother, we get it, you're in it for yourself.

I find it interesting that the MEC couldn't even get behind their own T.A. enough to endorse it, and had to give it a "Neutral" recommendation. Makes you wonder why... Or at least it makes US wonder why, you probably don't give a sh*t.

Whoa! Looks like someone got the cold speculum during their Pap smear!

I hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm voting "yes" because I attended the briefing on the T/A presented by our Officers and Negotiators. The T/A protects staffing items that would adversely impact the junior pilots at NWA, so I think it is acceptable.

If I'm wrong, and it's just cramping...try Pamprin.

JT8D said:
Express one is quite possibly the scariest freight company to ever operate 727's.

You've obviously never heard of Custom Air Transport.

81Horse said:
How does a captain get furloughed?

When your own union that you were a charter member of sells you out for $$$ to a radical, greedy union, who then staples 15 year Captains below thier 20 something year old probationary new hires. Throw in a little economic downturn mixed with a national tragedy, and wha-la, Furloghed.

BigMotorToter said:
When your own union that you were a charter member of sells you out for $$$ to a radical, greedy union, who then staples 15 year Captains below thier 20 something year old probationary new hires. Throw in a little economic downturn mixed with a national tragedy, and wha-la, Furloghed.

When your airline liquidates, you sometimes end up without a seniority number anywhere.

The pilots who made the decisions for TWA pilots were fellow TWA pilots.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back