• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA SCABS at Best Western

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come on Mechanics should make as much as a pilot. Mechanics should be able to make 150,000 to 300,000 a year. Pilots use a check list every day a mechanic has no check list mechanics have to stay on top of changing rules and new technology.Oh yea and then the "here is the log book it's broke". And a pilots responsibilty ends when he gets off the aircraft a mechanics is till the aircarft is sittting in the desert waiting to be made in to beer cans. So god bless AMFA mechanics go for 200,000 year or more.

Last edited:
IndyGTP said:
Southwest - $18.94/$33.86 (6 yrs) +$2.00/per license; AMFA

SWA's glory days will eventually end. And when they do, we all know who they will come after first.

For sure:rolleyes: , they certainly have had a checkered past when it comes to generating revenue.

Dizel8 said:
Okay, my apologies, I admit I was a bit harsh.

The problem I had with your statement is, that hey, X amount of money is still good. While that perhaps is true, were will the line be drawn? Depending on where one lives, 60K could be good, but I would not call it living "high on the hog" in most cases. So again, at what point is the pay to low? We both know, that management wants to pay a dollar and if they could, they would want labor to work for free.

As someone else said, this isn't just about money, it is also about jobs. If this goes through, AMFA will have seen about 75% job loss at NWA.

NWA is not going to share in the profit, they certainly have not in the past and if anything, this latest shows how far they will go, to break labors back. Clearly, they had NWA AMFA in the crosshairs and they are slowly adjusting their aim to the F/A's.

No hard feelings.

Management at the majors have sucked for decades. It was so sad to see Eastern, Braniff, Pan Am, Trans World and others vanish, largely blamed (by management) on the unions.

The 9/11 tragedy certainly didn't help. Of course, all the majors were bleeding money before 9/11.

I don't have a fix for all this crap. And I certainly agree that all the job outsourcing sucks.

Once there was a time when American corporations cared about American workers, those days are, sadly, gone

Latest resources

Back