NWA Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Workin'Stiff said:
If I heard correctly, the furloughed pilots only have one opportunity to bypss and then they must take the next recall or face removal from the senority list???

Interesting that you bring this up. Nobody really knows what to do. When the company reaches the bottom of the list, it is assumed that everyone above is either on leave or defered. Do they start at the top of the list and work back down or start from the bottom and basically "junior man" people to come back.

Technically, as long as ONE person junior to you remains out, you can remain out, so really, one person can hang up the whole deal. No one in either the company or ALPA wants to put out an interpretation.

Nu

Last edited:
NuGuy said:
Interesting that you bring this up. Nobody really knows what to do. When the company reaches the bottom of the list, it is assumed that everyone above is either on leave or defered. Do they start at the top of the list and work back down or start from the bottom and basically "junior man" people to come back.

Technically, as long as ONE person junior to you remains out, you can remain out, so really, one person can hang up the whole deal. No one in either the company or ALPA wants to put out an interpretation.

Nu

It seems with the current scenario that NW is experiencing right now with the recalls, this could become a very relevant issue that will need to be addressed. Especially when those guys who have bypassed the first recall are posed with the second.

Just finished talking with the HR guy in NWA flt ops today. I was making sure my contact info was still accurate if and when I do get the call back. He said I might be contacted sooner than I thought for a possible class date in December. I am an April 2000 hire for those who are wondering where they stand in the line. Adios.

Latest resources

Back