NWA poolies?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

proud_dude

I know there have been many (too many?) threads concerning the NWA poolies, but I'm wondering if anyone has any insight as to our future now that the seniority list is settled... I realize there is a very real possiblity of NWA and/or DL furloughs soon, and if that happens the poolies are simply drowned in the pool, but if no furloughs happen?? Just holding out a bit of faint hope that there might still be a need for the poolies before the end of April.. or is that an impossiblity now after the final merger.. i.e all hiring would be only done by DL?? Its so confusing sometimes..
Cheers

I know there have been many (too many?) threads concerning the NWA poolies, but I'm wondering if anyone has any insight as to our future now that the seniority list is settled... I realize there is a very real possiblity of NWA and/or DL furloughs soon, and if that happens the poolies are simply drowned in the pool, but if no furloughs happen?? Just holding out a bit of faint hope that there might still be a need for the poolies before the end of April.. or is that an impossiblity now after the final merger.. i.e all hiring would be only done by DL?? Its so confusing sometimes..
Cheers
nothing about the list has made furloughs anymore of a possibility than before the list. The poolies on both sides getting hired all depends on what DALs plan is next year. It could all change on a dime. If they hadnt cut back more it was likely we would have to hire. Now it may be a wash. Who knows, either way good luck.

I think the chances of a NWA poolie getting a class date before April is almost nil. The best you can hope for is a preferential interview in the future. Other than that, you are no different than a pilot that did not interview yet.

disclaimer: This is my opinion. It might not be accurate.

I'm not holding my breath for the call. The worst part was a month after I found out they were cancelling classes, I was furloughed from the airline I was working at...BAM...double negative.

So close...

how many poolies ya figure there are? thx

I think before the stuff hit the fan in the economy in October there was a chance of hiring next spring. Now - everyone's nervous from the aircraft cleaners on up about the economy, so no hiring.

There has been many posts about NWA poolies. They always die off fast (unfortunately). People seem to hear rumors, have opinions, and are “in the know” about almost every subject up for discussion. Just not, when it does not concern them that much. Just like the senior person seems to be looking out for their interest, while disregarding the junior guys. The people in the pool feel no different then the junior guys on property right now. So, please, someone help us out with some information; try to find something out, that puts some clarity to our situation.

1.How many people are currently in the DAL pool?
2.How many people are currently in the NWA pool?
3.DAL said, that they would hire at the end of 2008 or early 2009; what is the new/ current plan?
4.What happens if one side is in need of pilots before both carriers operate as one. Does each side honor the other side’s pool? What are the restrictions? New interview? Seamless transition to the other side? A ratio for each class from each pool?
5.What would be the catalyst for future hiring?
6.What happened to the rumor about pulling DC9’ out of the desert?
7.What happened to the rumor about purchasing MD 90’s?
8.What’s the need for summer staffing? And when do they need to staff for that?
9.What is the date the DAL pool gets flushed? (I believe NWA pool will time out in April)
10.What will happen to the poolies form each side after their conditional offer of employment expires?

There seem to be lots of good plans for the future for the new Delta. I would think that somebody has to be thinking about future staffing. So, someone should have at least an idea of what is in the works; what the holdups are, and what is up for discussion in the future on the hiring front.
So… if anybody could please shed some light, there are people out there itching, and trying to make future plans. If you have any insight or try, for our sake to find out what is going on at each of the DAL sides…please…find out…and let us all know.

Last edited:
i wonder if anyone actually knows? now that you asked people to stop making guesses, maybe we'll get a real answer. nice post.

There has been many posts about NWA poolies. They always die off fast (unfortunately). People seem to hear rumors, have opinions, and are “in the know” about almost every subject up for discussion. Just not, when it does not concern them that much. Just like the senior person seems to be looking out for their interest, while disregarding the junior guys. The people in the pool feel no different then the junior guys on property right now. So, please, someone help us out with some information; try to find something out, that puts some clarity to our situation.

1.How many people are currently in the DAL pool?
2.How many people are currently in the NWA pool?
3.DAL said, that they would hire at the end of 2008 or early 2009; what is the new/ current plan?
4.What happens if one side is in need of pilots before both carriers operate as one. Does each side honor the other side’s pool? What are the restrictions? New interview? Seamless transition to the other side? A ratio for each class from each pool?
5.What would be the catalyst for future hiring?
6.What happened to the rumor about pulling DC9’ out of the desert?
7.What happened to the rumor about purchasing MD 90’s?
8.What’s the need for summer staffing? And when do they need to staff for that?
9.What is the date the DAL pool gets flushed? (I believe NWA pool will time out in April)
10.What will happen to the poolies form each side after their conditional offer of employment expires?

There seem to be lots of good plans for the future for the new Delta. I would think that somebody has to be thinking about future staffing. So, someone should have at least an idea of what is in the works; what the holdups are, and what is up for discussion in the future on the hiring front.
So… if anybody could please shed some light, there are people out there itching, and trying to make future plans. If you have any insight or try, for our sake to find out what is going on at each of the DAL sides…please…find out…and let us all know.

Sounds like a question for the Hiring contact from any correspondence they've sent you.

I'm guessing that people on this random message board wouldn't be "guessing" if they had an answer for you.

When you find out I am sure all of us, (PLUS the NW / DL guys too, as they don't know either) would ALL love to know the answers to those questions as well. No one is keeping a secret except the execs

We're all counting on you...

Carry on.

Latest resources

Back