NWA poolies?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
meh

My letter gave me a link to delta's hiring process, and said that NWA had fowarded our names.. they also said that if you meet the "very competative minimums" you may get a call from them..
I am doubious about even applying..

My letter gave me a link to delta's hiring process, and said that NWA had fowarded our names.. they also said that if you meet the "very competative minimums" you may get a call from them..
I am doubious about even applying..

While we may disagree with the way things materialized, not applying if it's an opportunity you are interested in is your loss (well your decision maybe). In fact you may be giving up what could be a good opportunity not afforded to others. Who knows,time will tell.

These days I'm just thankful to have a good flying job where the checks show up on time and don't bounce!!

Last edited:
Basically if you have 1000 PICT you are competitive.
One the hiring gets started and has gone for a few months 500PICT will suffice.
Now here are a few pointers.
1) Do something besides just fly the line, IE LCA work, instructor work etc.
2) Volunteer for ALPA.
3) Do some of the service projects that your company offers.
4) When applying make sure that you have spelled everything correctly, made concise to the point sentences, and conveyed your message effectively.
5) Keep a neat professional log book,
6) Network with DAL pilots. Biggest thing you can do. They do just pull from the stack, but most come with two or more well placed recommendations. Guys you jumpseat with can recommend you, they just cannot talk about flying with you.
7) Meet the min requirements. DAL for now requires a college degree. The thinking is that this will not go away for quite some time

They are picky, but with 12,000 applicants last time they can be. Their failure rate on day one is about 75% add day two and it goes to over 80%.

Last edited:
Basically if you have 1000 PICT you are competitive.
One the hiring gets started and has gone for a few months 500PICT will suffice.
Now here are a few pointers.
1) Do something besides just fly the line, IE LCA work, instructor work etc.
2) Volunteer for ALPA.
3) Do some of the service projects that your company offers.
4) When applying make sure that you have spelled everything correctly, made concise to the point sentences, and conveyed your message effectively.
5) Keep a neat professional log book,
6) Network with DAL pilots. Biggest thing you can do. They do just pull from the stack, but most come with two or more well placed recommendations. Guys you jumpseat with can recommend you, they just cannot talk about flying with you.
7) Meet the min requirements. DAL for now requires a college degree. The thinking is that this will not go away for quite some time

They are picky, but with 12,000 applicants last time they can be. Their failure rate on day one is about 75% add day two and it goes to over 80%.

Yes, and unike the tour (interview) at SWA they can hire everyone they interview so it really is pass/fail. If you do great on day one and have a sweeaky clean background, there is more leeway on day 2.

Good flame bait.

I am sure that if you were coming from a Major Cargo or Pax, they would make you resign your seniority. They did not do it last time since the people that came here were leaving companies that were actively hiring. You scenario would be different.

Would Delta be a good place to wait out a potential furlough at FedEx or UPS?
FWIW FedEx told me that accepting the offer at Delta would not negatively impact a poolee's status for FedEx. They apparently knew back then the candidates would be pretty wrinkly by the time anyone got called.

Last edited:
interview process

Excuse my ignorance, but would someone mind saving me the computer clicks of searching for it elsewhere... briefly, what is the interview process at DAL?
Thanks

A "interview" which is two pilots and an HR person. A batter of three different types of test. That is day one. Should last more the day if you are successful
Day two. Fasting Medical, MMPI and Psyche eval.

NO SIM.

Latest resources

Back