• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the point being made about setting precedent regarding poolies at NWA who got the boot during the Delta interview is that over at Delta it's a one shot and don't ever come back deal.

The thing is that until this round of interviews DAL allowed a second shot if you failed anything but the psyche. That includes the interview. It was changed this time.
The is a chance it will be changed again, but do not bet your career on it. The guys in charge really do not want it changed. This decision goes all the way to the top.

Doesn't a flowthrough nullify the validity of a rigorous interview process?

Doesn't a flowthrough nullify the validity of a rigorous interview process?

True...I guess it depends on how the flow through is set up. Do Compass pilots have to interview again or are they basically mainline pilots when hired. If so then the interview standard at both should by pretty similar.

According to current docs Compass pilots do not have to re-interview to move up to mainline. The posted job requisitions for Compass and NWA were identical, at least initially. Similar hoopla for the interview, even their little medical exam. In order to flow up, you have to be at Compass for 30 months, and holding a position as Captain. (I suppose they see the upgrade as their last filtration step.)

FYI, if you're a Compass pilot, NWA will NOT, absolutely will not, interview you for a mainline position. The flow is our sole means of advancement to mainline.

Latest resources

Back