NWA Pilots Worried

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MsFan said:
I don't mean this as flame-bait, but in all honesty, why wouldn't NWA take their shot at Chpt 11?

I think the only incentive they have to stay out of BK is the current stock/stock holders. Obviously, they'd lose huge in BK. It is managements job to reward the stockholders. I do agree-- if NWA does go the BK route, it will make them a stronger company on the other end. The question is, who does management work for? What is their goal? Provide the stockholders their greatest return on investment (minimize their loss) or be the strongest competitor at all costs (especially costs to the stockholders). In a BK restructuring, the current stock would likely be rendered worthless. By the way, even after dumping large positions recently in NWA--the BOD/Management still have a large stake in NWA stock.

Schwanker

Jetjockey said:
I wonder if/when NWA files chapter 11, if another carrier will come into MSP, and DTW and overlap thier profitable routes like NWA did to Midwest in MKE, and ATA in IND. I find it ironic that an airline busy trying to kill off weaker airlines has become weak itself

JJ-

Have you heard of competition ?

NWA moved into IND and MKE, before someone else did, to protect the MSP and DTW hubs. Nobody b!tches when Southwest moves into PHL and PIT, they call it "insightful", even though it might kill off USAir.

As far as being "weak"......do you realize that UAL is transforming itself into the WORLD'S LARGEST LCC ? Their A320 pay rates are less than JB !! Pretty soon, all the Lecacy Carriers will come down to the UAL rates and benefits. The only difference, is that they will have WORLDWIDE routes, FIRST CLASS seating, ASSIGNED seats, FREQUENT FLYER miles, CLUB LOUNGES, etc.........

The Giant is waking up...............................

320AV8r

Destroy

They need to fire every single old Flight attendants. That'll be the pilot one least to worry about. There just plain nasty. blah

1.3XVso said:
They need to fire every single old Flight attendants. That'll be the pilot one least to worry about. There just plain nasty. blah

I agree that will fix everything! We need to go old school with the F/A's,....the short skirts not married, young.....ya that is the route to go

Latest resources

Back