• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA parking the Avros

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 9's usually only have two F/A's , for the -30 (100 seater), the dash 40/50 use three F/A's, (124 seater).....

OOPS!

Workin'Stiff said:
Jetflier-

Just curious... Do you guys have a non-disclosure statement attached to your MEC updates??? Just since it looks as if the whole thing is front and center for the world....

And you, Sir, are a true perfect ahole.....maybe thats why a lot of your fellow pilots don't like to fly with you.......thwack!!! (just the sound of the lightbulb going off in your head)

jackbo said:
You are a total moron.

I hope your knowledge improves when you transition to the Airbus.

What are the chances that NW will reduce the avro flying at Mesaba? I need to know if it is time to apply to that truck driving school I saw on t.v. last night.

If they were going to park her.. wouldn't they of put the avros on the list that says we are going to park them?

Look NWA needs 70-130 seaters bad and I don't mean paid for DC-9s. So even if she is a little bit pricie at 4000 lbs per hour I think they may keep her if they can renegotiate a competitive lease and put 85 seats in her.

Of course a competitve lease depends on if the Avro is in demand.

Does anyone know... is the Avro in demand overseas cause it sure ain't here.

Jimdandy said:
Does anyone know... is the Avro in demand overseas cause it sure ain't here.
The RJX, the third generation 146, passed without much fanfare...sad to say.

Jimdandy said:
So even if she is a little bit pricie at 4000 lbs per hour I think they may keep her if they can renegotiate a competitive lease and put 85 seats in her.

Try 5000-5400 lbs per hour at Mach .72

Even with 85 seats its an incredibly inefficient aircraft - especially when you figure in MX costs maintaining twice the engines and an EXTREMELY quirky electrical system. (It is British, after all)

Latest resources

Back