• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA or a good regional

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was looking at the NWA payscale and ran some numbers in excel; it looks like that if I went to NWA now, my career earnings are higher at my current job.
Of course, that doesn't include future pay raises, but I didn't include the 5% a year (for the next 4 years) that I'm expecting at my current job either. And I did try to include what retirement exists at each place. (I used airlinepilotcentral, seems accurate).

Of course, at NWA I live 25 minutes from DTW, that's an advantage.. but pay wise... I dunno.

Don't expect any legacy to remain low in pay. We were all hit hard after 9-11, and we may not get it all back at once, but it will increase from where it is now no doubt. But, if you want to stay in a 747, I would stay at Connie. I would stay there now and watch the fallout at NWA first.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Staying at a regional also has its risks I think. If you were at ACA around 2002 things were looking pretty good, with the high payscales and good contract. I guess nothing is for certain or safe (referencing job security) in the aviation industry.

Don't expect any legacy to remain low in pay. We were all hit hard after 9-11, and we may not get it all back at once, but it will increase from where it is now no doubt. But, if you want to stay in a 747, I would stay at Connie. I would stay there now and watch the fallout at NWA first.
Yeah, that's what I *think* but it depends on solidarity and the pilot group. Who do I think has the best chance? Delta actually. They seem pretty united and together on things. Of course, I'm outside looking in. Of course, first I have to get a major to call me... :D

Those crappy payscales, schedules and other stuff will all disappear as soon as you guys STOP taking the jobs in the first place......make a pilot shortage and things will get better.......but we have too many regional airlines and even far more major airlines.......need to get rid of some of them.

Those crappy payscales, schedules and other stuff will all disappear as soon as you guys STOP taking the jobs in the first place......make a pilot shortage and things will get better.......but we have too many regional airlines and even far more major airlines.......need to get rid of some of them.

You haven't tried to go anywhere on NWA lately have you? They already have a pilot shortage. Anyone care to over/under the cancellations for the end of this month?

Did I just read "high payscales" at ACA??-
Man there are some deluded types out there.

Management going after regional pilots for pay should show everyone that you will NEVER make a low enough amount.

General- you are flame bait most times but thank you for saying that. The one comment i hate:
'it'll never be like the good ole days back in 1999'

Adjust it for inflation and a Pan Am captain made close to $600/hour. Now everyone's up in arms about $300??

It won't be like the good ole days until we all remember our history- that all all major airlines WERE once paid worse than regionals- and then they united - and didn't leave one pilot behind.

That has to be the new theme:

"Not one aviator struggling and on survival mode. From flight instructor to 777 captain- Everyone is taken care of."

We've seen what looking out for #1 has cost us all.

With NWA starting to hire again I'm trying to figure out whether to stay senior at a regional with good schedules, no commuting and decent pay or go for NWA. I know the first year will suck for pay and schedules and the pays not much better the next year. My question is how are the schedules for say a 2-3 year FO? I plan to eventually move to where I'm based, MSP or DTW with NWA. What kind of trips do they have, all 4 days or are there shorter trips available? Any insight especially from those that are there would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Any major airline job is better than ANY regional...

Did I just read "high payscales" at ACA??-
Man there are some deluded types out there.

Management going after regional pilots for pay should show everyone that you will NEVER make a low enough amount.

General- you are flame bait most times but thank you for saying that. The one comment i hate:
'it'll never be like the good ole days back in 1999'

Adjust it for inflation and a Pan Am captain made close to $600/hour. Now everyone's up in arms about $300??

It won't be like the good ole days until we all remember our history- that all all major airlines WERE once paid worse than regionals- and then they united - and didn't leave one pilot behind.

That has to be the new theme:

"Not one aviator struggling and on survival mode. From flight instructor to 777 captain- Everyone is taken care of."

We've seen what looking out for #1 has cost us all.

Too late.... that train has already left the station....

The rules changed in 1978, and we are trying to ignore the new reality....

yeah- but what's your point? Everyone knows how I think we should change=- what do you think?

In any case- "too late" just encourages apathy- you all believe you are just along for the ride- reality is- airplanes don't fly without pilots- we have to get creative and get a system that works for us. This undervaluing and lowballing is something that requires our consent

Hi!

I think a lot of regional (and other) guys aren't applying at UAL, and the same will be true for NWA.

From another board...

]...word around the DEN training center (called "TK" by UA peeps) is that there were only 600 apps after the first 3 days - they were expecting 3000+.

cliff
LRD

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back