• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA Mechanic's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, since they did not support us in '98, they are not AFL-CIO and by them not negotiating which will probably put us in Chapter 11 for sure, I would say............. probably not. If NWA goes Chapter 11, they will be very aggressive to dump the pension before any new pension laws can be passed, so expect a filing in early October to avoid the new Bush BK laws.

Just watch out folks, you thought NWA didn't go along with fair increases before, just wait until we can play UAL's game......

Just read an article that essentially said that Mgt can't wait for the strike to happen, because they can unload all that payroll. Maybe they won't have to file for Chap 11 after all. If the mechanics go out on strike, I don't see them coming back...EVER. NWA will sink or swim without them. The only hope for the mechanics is for the Pres to order them back to work 10 minutes into the strike the way American pilot were ordered in ...what...'98? Barring that, they will have collected their last paycheck at NWA. AMFA...Stupidity at its finest.

cfm56-7b said:
Is alpa at nwa going to back it's mechanics?
Are you kidding me ?

They wouldn't pee on us if we were on fire.

Where's my Jepp bag ?

320AV8R

The pilots union are not going to walk hand-in-hand with the mechanics and flight attendants in sinking the company. They're doin' this dance all alone.

I read in the USAToday that the union leader of the MSP local office would be one of those 2600 that would lose their jobs. Do you think he would vote for his own job loss? He will fight to the end it sounds like, and he through in the "Eastern" reference. Great! (big time sarcasm here)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
The pilots union are not going to walk hand-in-hand with the mechanics and flight attendants in sinking the company. They're doin' this dance all alone.

nice solidaryity

Your own view of self preservation has always taken precedence over union solidarity. When the pilots decide to walk, which they have done many times at NWA, they don't ask the mechanics if it's OK. They should not be surprised if the mechanics don't ask them.

As for whether the strike is foolish or not, remember this: No strike can ever take place unless management wants it to.

Latest resources

Back