• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA MEC Buffoons

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now THAT'S funny. I have personally spoken with our legislative affairs chairman, at length, about what happened at the hearings. Suffice it to say there is A LOT more to the story than you are aware of, or willing to admit, and it is not even remotely as you and DALPA are trying to claim. Based on my conversation with him, YOU could call a couple of YOUR people and find out the real truth.....if they are OK with the embarrassment that is. I've had no real first hand info about many of the issues you have written about over the months.......but in this case I do.....and, lets just say it affords me a whole new perspective on your level of "uninformedness" and/or the true RPM of your spin cycle.

Who gives a sh*t about what happened at some Congressional hearings? The fact that one side puts out a paper and hotline complaining about it, forcing the other side to defend itself should have us all worried. What does it accomplish for either side? I have to ask though, are you happy that it seems your MEC has been focused on attacking DALPA for the last couple months? Did you not expect the DALPA guys to eventually defend themselves?

What we're seeing now is like watching Congress whine about who slighted who while the economy goes completely into the toilet. The time to lock in a joint contract is now. Things are getting worse in the industry by the day and much worse is on the horizon. I don't want either side wasting time on this BS and you shouldn't either.

Our MECs work for us. They need to get over the hurt feelings, act like men, and get to work for the benefit of the people they represent.

The fact is that we (all of us) need to force management's hand to commit to a mainline replacement for these DC9's. Both sides can throw out any numbers they want, but like it or not, it's a big issue for a large part of the combined group. I'm not interested in gaining leverage. I'm interested in keeping the jobs of everyone who's here now, and calming some of the uncertainty in this whole screwed up process.

The reps on both sides need to stop the childish attack-retaliation loop and start working on our behalf. There are many things that need to be in the joint contract but one of the key points, in my opinion, is to get language that ensures DC-9's will be replaced 1 for 1 by mainline aircraft.

*BINGO* :beer:

I expect lame analysis and infantile sniping from the trolls who infest this Forum,

This guy Occam really thinks a lot of himself. I would not want to fly with him, with his inflated ego times ten. Thank God I never will.

Great! Now everbody's gonna think this was staged!

Thanks for not disappointing me.

I am a Delta Pilot.

When can I bid the 747-400?

(LMAO!)

According to your own MEC....yes! A "cowardly liar".

No, because I provided a link to all the information.

You had, ahem, 17 pages of data to choose from, and you chose the absolute worst comparison, which just happened to be for an aircraft we don't operate.

Throughout this thread, while actually debating, not tossing around outrageous personal insults, I've pointed out other data not just that one, you just happened to conveniently hone in on it. I've also posted that NWA has done a good job of keeping its maintenance costs down on the DC-9 and that the ownership costs are low and that the merger will, IMO, give the aircraft a new lease on life.

All the information that I have discussed was made available for anyone who wanted to debate.

You however have been more busy tossing around insults and conducting a campaign of character attack. Your search for the boogey man and need to find somkeone to attack falls right in line with Varitas #2, your need to find a villian.

Last edited:
Now THAT'S funny. I have personally spoken with our legislative affairs chairman, at length, about what happened at the hearings. Suffice it to say there is A LOT more to the story than you are aware of, or willing to admit, and it is not even remotely as you and DALPA are trying to claim. Based on my conversation with him, YOU could call a couple of YOUR people and find out the real truth.....if they are OK with the embarrassment that is. I've had no real first hand info about many of the issues you have written about over the months.......but in this case I do.....and, lets just say it affords me a whole new perspective on your level of "uninformedness" and/or the true RPM of your spin cycle.

Funny, I've talked to our folks who were there too and the facts put out in Veritas is exactly what they are saying.

Just two quick questions.

Does your Legislative Affairs guy deny that DALPA acted to ensure that some of the seats that Delta reserved through line standers were offered to NWA pilots?

Does he deny that some Delta pilots gave up their place in line to some NWA pilots?

Damn Occam,

Did Mrs. Occam jump your ass about sumpin(using a little southern spellin) You are on a roll today. Lettin dem delta boys get to you like that. Btw, nice to finally meet you and the better half. And for the one's not wanting to fly with Occam, all I know is he has been a tireless volunteer and advocate for the nwa pilots since I have been here and for all our sakes will continue after we are a happy family.

I expect lame analysis and infantile sniping from the trolls who infest this Forum,

Great! Now everbody's gonna think this was staged!

Thanks for not disappointing me.

Who gives a sh*t about what happened at some Congressional hearings? The fact that one side puts out a paper and hotline complaining about it, forcing the other side to defend itself should have us all worried. What does it accomplish for either side? I have to ask though, are you happy that it seems your MEC has been focused on attacking DALPA for the last couple months? Did you not expect the DALPA guys to eventually defend themselves?

What we're seeing now is like watching Congress whine about who slighted who while the economy goes completely into the toilet. The time to lock in a joint contract is now. Things are getting worse in the industry by the day and much worse is on the horizon. I don't want either side wasting time on this BS and you shouldn't either.

Our MECs work for us. They need to get over the hurt feelings, act like men, and get to work for the benefit of the people they represent.

Noserider:
Why waste your time responding to ******************** heads like detoilet 320! His constant spin is going to get us no where! Constant babbling is what keeps him going. He's just not happy unless he's miserable!
Guys like Occam & FDJ2 seem to have the real picture and are at least reasonable. Pricks like detiolet are just that, pricks! Leave him at his misery!

Latest resources

Back