• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA makes $170M

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fact is that DAL and NWA both made operational profits this quarter. That says a lot for these two companies.

Yes, it says a lot. Biggest thing it says is that a merger is no longer necessary. Every other airline has dropped the merger mania that bit them so hard.

I'd ask you what 12th year pay is at virgin america, but I already know the answer------>FURLOUGHED. Way to set the standard with your stellar pay tanker clown. See you on the next sign in.
Wow you really are a stalker!! See you on the next sign in?? Dude get some help while there's still time!

Hell of a job this Q. Makes you wonder once the combo is complete, how other airlines will compete?

:pimp:​
You need to take a look at the swa earnings, if you look at operating income vs expenses the still made money. what you should be asking is how will everyone compete with the swa.

Hell of a job this Q. Makes you wonder once the combo is complete, how other airlines will compete?

:pimp:​
You need to take a look at the swa earnings, if you look at operating income vs expenses the still made money. what you should be asking is how will everyone compete with the swa.

SWA did a great job, but I think the poster you quoted was referring to airlines that fly more than just domestic. SWA can't/will not compete on a global level, but they do have everyone beat domestically hands down.

Last edited:
737pylt, Scope out RJ's, Midge, etc..= waaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaa:D How many other names you got Bill??

I wish I knew what the hell you're talking about chuck yogurt, lawman, einstein, sky fly, etc. Whaaaaaaaaaaaa,:crying: how many other names do you have chucky?:D
BTW, sorry to hear about your furlough from midwest.

Wow you really are a stalker!! See you on the next sign in?? Dude get some help while there's still time!

Sorry tanker clown, only one sign in. Now get on over and kiss the swa guys' asses! But be careful, on that virgin america salary, you probably can't afford another $10 user name! Get a life loser. I still can't believe after all your drivel you're just some washout from comair who winds up at va!:laugh: Oh the irony. But hey, you can wear that flight jacket and still claim to be an air force guy though.:laugh:

Lets not get crazy, NWA did make more than DAL did after all (ps we're smaller);) So the DC9 isnt the anchor some people like to label it as. just splitting hairs in a friendly manner :D
Very uncharacteristic statement from you, super- a friendly "slam" at DAL? (ps thanks for reminding us you're smaller--nice, "friendly" touch) To my knowledge yours is the first post on any forum by a NW guy bragging about the 2nd Q results vs. Delta. (I have been looking) I'm pleasantly surprized it took this long (2 days) and even more surprized it came from you, normally a paragon of harmony and optimism on the NWA side. You (and others) seem to be irrationally, almost paranoically, defensive of your airline and especially of the dc-9. Relax...you probably won't be forceably displaced to the nightmarish category of JFK International wide-body F/O, and have to suffer through layovers on the Cote d' Azur, or Athens or Venice or Tel-Aviv, etc...and be slapped with the added indignity of a 25% or so payraise. Nor will you be displaced to any (and every other category position at the combined company) that will pay more, is more efficient, has better QOL, and has better technology than the dc-9. But it's not about you, but "our" company, right? You're right, maybe we should keep all the 9's (or maybe get more) so that the NW side can continue to show an operating profit! And you can continue with the 9 hour L.O.'s in Minot. Yes, super, you are splitting hairs in a friendly...but highly illogical manner, both for yourself and your company. How much less would your profits have been had your pilots been paid DAL rates--and how much more would your profits have been had your dc-9's been some other comparable aircraft manufactured...lets see..-in the last decade and a half of the last century!;)

Last edited:
Very uncharacteristic statement from you, super- a friendly "slam" at DAL? (ps thanks for reminding us you're smaller--nice, "friendly" touch) To my knowledge yours is the first post on any forum by a NW guy bragging about the 2nd Q results vs. Delta. (I have been looking) I'm pleasantly surprised it took this long (2 days) and even more surprised it came from you, normally a paragon of harmony and optimism on the NWA side. You (and others) seem to be irrationally, almost paranoically, defensive of your airline and especially of the dc-9. Relax...you probably won't be forcibly displaced to the nightmarish category of JFK International wide-body F/O, and have to suffer the indignity of a 25% or so payraise, or displaced to any (and every other category position at the combined company) that will pay more, is more efficient, has better QOL, and has better technology than the dc-9. But you're right, maybe we should keep all the 9's (or maybe get more) so that the NW side can continue to show an operating profit! Yes, super, you are splitting hairs in a friendly...but highly illogical manner. How much less would your profits have been had your pilots been paid DAL rates--and how much more would your profits have been had your dc-9's been some other comparable aircraft manufactured...lets see..-in the last decade and a half of the last century!;)

HA dont be so sensitive ;). Your digging into the comment to far. It wasnt meant to be a "slam" it was just a comment to show that the DC9s isnt the money drain alot of people like to characterize it as. If it was taken as a "slam" i kindly retract my statement. Otherwise my comments were mainly based on aircraft discussion points. We all know the DC9 wont fly FOREVER but most of us want it around in the meantime until WE get a replacement here at Mainline. The DC9 carries with it mainline jobs, nostalgia, and cheap ownership costs.
Cheers :beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back