• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA makes $170M

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's not get crazy here. DL and NWA made money this quarter because of some good fuel hedges. Not a great long-term business plan but better than the alternative. Having flown the -9, I , and many here, will be very glad to see it's mainline replacement announced and brought on property as soon as humanly possible.

All I can say is @_@!!!! I question your authenticity. The 9 is a beautiful machine. This is coming from a technology guru.

Gotta love the starred item receiving checklist. Talk about a machine of simplicity. Yeah NY Center can get testy because we're off by a few miles... but fu<k em, like thier opinion matters. ;)

All I can say is @_@!!!! I question your authenticity. The 9 is a beautiful machine. This is coming from a technology guru.

Gotta love the starred item receiving checklist. Talk about a machine of simplicity. Yeah NY Center can get testy because we're off by a few miles... but fu<k em, like thier opinion matters. ;)

Question whatever you want. I may have more diverts to Ft Wayne in the -9 than you have hours in it. You're right. It was a great design but it's badly outdated now. I have a couple thousand hours on the -88/90 and have no love for it either. I'd like to see DL order a mainline replacement ASAP.

Last edited:
Let's not get crazy here. DL and NWA made money this quarter because of some good fuel hedges. Not a great long-term business plan but better than the alternative. Having flown the -9, I , and many here, will be very glad to see it's mainline replacement announced and brought on property as soon as humanly possible.

Lets not get crazy, NWA did make more than DAL did after all (ps we're smaller);) So the DC9 isnt the anchor some people like to label it as. just splitting hairs in a friendly manner :D

Last edited:
737pylt, Scope out RJ's, Midge, etc..= waaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaa:D How many other names you got Bill??

Question whatever you want. Your right. It was a great design badly outdated now. I have a couple thousand hours on the -88/90 and have no love for it either. I'd like to see DL order a mainline replacement ASAP.

Fail.

Loss.

Unsuccessful.

Muy mal.

Shame.

:(

You wear a big hat though.... that's a big hat on your head.

Question whatever you want. I may have more diverts to Ft Wayne in the -9 than you have hours in it.

Noserider, I don't care how many hours you have in the -9,... how many seconds do you have in Teahupoo? If you have even one, I bow in your general direction!

Cheers

Noserider, I don't care how many hours you have in the -9,... how many seconds do you have in Teahupoo? If you have even one, I bow in your general direction!

Cheers

One trip. Nothing like the conditions there for Laird. No need to bow, you probably would have been better than I was.

Noserider,

We need to convince the "New" Delta to have a direct ATL to J-Bay? Port Elizabeth would work, that'd make me happy.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back