NWA: interim contract proposed: 24% pay cuts now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GoABX said:
If I don't have to fly with gay F/A's should my hourly rate be higher or lower?

Has there been any rumor relating to NWA Cargo? Selling, spinning off, etc. What is its profitability relative to mainline. If it were separated what percentage of whale pilots would follow cargo?

Zero rumors. The cargo rights that NWA holds are intertwined very tightly with their passenger rights. From what we've been told, it is almost impossible to seperate the cargo operation without disrupting the whole Pacific system.

Nu

Stenland has thrashed the mechanics and now he's after the pilots. 23% is just the appetizer. There's not going to be any negotiation. Stenland is going to tell ALPA what they're going to get and he'll be able to do it because he knows that ALPA doesn't have the guts to shut the company down.

To get ratification you look after those who will ratify it. If their had been DC-9 pilots on the team, I'm sure it would have looked a little different. Pilots eat their young, they always have.

GoABX said:
If I don't have to fly with gay F/A's should my hourly rate be higher or lower?

That depends on wheter you're a "conservative" or a "liberal". If the former you get hazardous duty pay; if the latter its a fringe benefit that you'll probably have to give up in concessionary bargaining.

[" There's not going to be any negotiation. Stenland is going to tell ALPA what they're going to get and he'll be able to do it because he knows that ALPA doesn't have the guts to shut the company down."[/quote]

More realistic: our RED BOOK friends in MSP won't shut it down.

Latest resources

Back