• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nwa Hr Called Today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone hired in 2000 went to class. The only poolies that never went to class was the latter half of 2001.

I passed the interview in Oct. 2000 passed the medical in Nov. was never called for a class. I have the letters right here. I reaplyed and did the psych and app. and recieved this,

Thank you for your interest in the pilot position with United Airlines. At this time, we have other candidates who more closely meet our requirements. You are welcome to reapply for consideration 24 months from the date of this correspondence.

We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Best regards,
Human Resources Department
United Airlines

Everyone hired in 2000 went to class. The only poolies that never went to class was the latter half of 2001.

You' re wrong. Hired in October 2000, medical in November (remember it well, it was election night). Was approximately number 11 in the pool before they emptied the pool.

I did not apply this time around, but think it's piss poor UAL did not even address the 100's they hired and kept in the pool for months.

Think I'll Pass......

Not interested in coming to NWA?

Good! We'll try to survive and prosper without you...[/quote]

Yep, not going to apply there. You can count on not seeing me around.

Any place that has a CEO as bad as Steenland-YIKES! That fool actually sent out a memo encouraging employess to go thru trash up and down the street if they weren't happy about their paycuts!

-Keep that Crap!

You' re wrong. Hired in October 2000, medical in November (remember it well, it was election night). Was approximately number 11 in the pool before they emptied the pool.

I did not apply this time around, but think it's piss poor UAL did not even address the 100's they hired and kept in the pool for months.

They did address us. Going through the hoops right now.

Any place that has a CEO as bad as Steenland-YIKES! That fool actually sent out a memo encouraging employess to go thru trash up and down the street if they weren't happy about their paycuts!
-Keep that Crap!

Right! I have it on good authority that Uncle Doug personally wrote the passages that encouraged NWA employees to Reuse and Recycle. He probably got the idea from my kid's public school district's campaign.

That means that insidious weasel has probably already infiltrated Minnesota's elementary school districts! For shame!

(sigh)

On the other hand, he has come out publicly opposed to changes to Age 60, and has spent NWA money to fight any changes.

Where's YOUR CEO on that one?

As soon as the canonization process is complete for such saints as Tilton, Ornstein, and "Fork Lift" Joe, we can get to work on Dougie's application.

Sheesh!

Right! I have it on good authority that Uncle Doug personally wrote the passages that encouraged NWA employees to Reuse and Recycle. He probably got the idea from my kid's public school district's campaign.

That means that insidious weasel has probably already infiltrated Minnesota's elementary school districts! For shame!

(sigh)

On the other hand, he has come out publicly opposed to changes to Age 60, and has spent NWA money to fight any changes.

Where's YOUR CEO on that one?

As soon as the canonization process is complete for such saints as Tilton, Ornstein, and "Fork Lift" Joe, we can get to work on Dougie's application.

Sheesh!

Your CEO is a d!ck and you know it. Unless you're completely not in touch with reality.

Show me a CEO that's not a d!ck...

The goal is to raise the bar. Anyone (not at FEX/UPS) at an airline that doesn't have some warts, raise their hand.

(waiting, waiting...)

That's what I thought. TC

Most CEO's aren't worth much in leadership skills or employee relations these days. And all it takes in this industry is one or two bad ones (No shortage today)
to tank everyone. D.S. did fight for the pension freeze, did fight for the age 60 retirement and has said publicly in WSJ and other interviews, mistakes were made in implementing things too fast, and some things didn't work out, hence 2 T/A's already that are a quick start to improve things. All the I.O.E. is catching up and staffing will improve soon.

Last edited:
Your CEO is a d!ck and you know it.

What's your point?

Does YOUR boss control your mood or your pride in your profession? He influences your contract. When the Possession Arrow is his way...his influences win.

When the Possession Arrow is our way, his influences don't carry the day.

That's the way it was, the way it is, and the way it will be. The sun don't shine on the same dog all the time. Keeping those facts in mind, I don't fret where my current CEO fits on the D1ck Index.

Latest resources

Back