• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA giving back to its employees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Freight Dog--Rez is just scared that the 'Cocktail Weenies' at Herndon might actually have to grow some balls and act like a union instead of hopping from party to party hob-nobbing with the politicians (on your ALPA-PAC dime...).

Now, FD, get back to work. ALPA needs the dues. TC

Rez... you're killing me!!!

:rolleyes:

No, in the event of an SOS, I don't think you'd see Air Line pilots dukin' it out with the police; I don't think you'd see Air Line pilots getting sentenced to death.

Opps sorry, I was responding to the 100+ year old example given.

Just think of it this way... Air Line pilots show up at work, at every airport in the nation, and instead of going through security to their gates, they stand in front of the terminal saying NO MORE MANAGEMENT ABUSE!

Keep dreaming.... During the BK era, which we are coming out of, pilots voted for deep cut concessionary TA's, not an SOS. You may be a vocal minority and even get some tough guy agreement, but an SOS is not going to happen....

Political support? I don't care if some Walmart-shoppin', NASCAR-watching, non-showering redneck is supporting me. I care about my fellow pilots who keep getting the short end of the stick by being nice guys and playing fair against an ugly adversary who does not play fair.

We agree! That is why we have to support each other. We need to understand how the system works and fuction within it (meaning legally. Illegal job actions, like PATCO and the APA sickout, will further our struggle)

Make sense?

What makes sense is working the sysyem. Developing our alliances on CapHill and now, internationally. Our goals in the next 5-10 years will be to show the world players that US and EU Air Line Pilots are the ones to fly jets in the world. Not unknown elements of the third world.

The power players want third world workers to fly jets. The foundation is being laid. If we don't get involved we will be flying to our vacation listening to thick accent pilots [non-resident workers flown in for 5 days to work then sent back to thier home countries] flying domestic US routes....

If ALPA is FUBAR then we've got to get involved and make it right. Regardless, we've got to get involved...

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

Opps sorry, I was responding to the 100+ year old example given.

Keep dreaming.... During the BK era, which we are coming out of, pilots voted for deep cut concessionary TA's, not an SOS. You may be a vocal minority and even get some tough guy agreement, but an SOS is not going to happen....

We agree! That is why we have to support each other. We need to understand how the system works and fuction within it (meaning legally. Illegal job actions, like PATCO and the APA sickout, will further our struggle)

What makes sense is working the sysyem. Developing our alliances on CapHill and now, internationally. Our goals in the next 5-10 years will be to show the world players that US and EU Air Line Pilots are the ones to fly jets in the world. Not unknown elements of the third world.

The power players want third world workers to fly jets. The foundation is being laid. If we don't get involved we will be flying to our vacation listening to thick accent pilots [non-resident workers flown in for 5 days to work then sent back to thier home countries] flying domestic US routes....

If ALPA is FUBAR then we've got to get involved and make it right. Regardless, we've got to get involved...

Rez man,
I normally enjoy your pattern with the true unionist mentality, but when do we say F*CK OFF, stop trying to kill us for your greedy benifit? We need to show stregnth. As a true unionist, wouldn't there be a time to do just that? Really, when do you say "alright fellas, screw these bastards, (not fist fighting), but honestly making a sign. If you want unity, a message a day before to all, ANONOMOUSLY would show great unity and stregnth. I believe this "silent minority" is complete crap. The CASTERATED MAJORITY would jump for joy. Not pickin, just another unionists' perspective. But one thing I am sure about, we are NOT a silent minority.

Rez man,
I normally enjoy your pattern with the true unionist mentality, but when do we say F*CK OFF, stop trying to kill us for your greedy benifit?

I agree..but going radical isn't the answer. I hasn't worked for Al Qeda and I don't think it will work for us.

When MLK did his "I have a dream" speech in DC, how many people were there to support him? 100?

When Ghandi made the Salt March how many went with him? 100?

Yet on March 17 when we had a WashDC rally only 100 pilots showed up. And most were ALPA volunteers. Very few avg. members showed up.

You want to say F*CK OFF but we can't even 101 pilots to show up to a Wash DC rally. Thousands follwed Ghandi on Salt March, and 250,000 people showed up for MLK's I have a dream speech.

Question: when is the membership going to get off the union welfare tit and start taking responsibility for thier own CAREER?

We need to show stregnth. As a true unionist, wouldn't there be a time to do just that? Really, when do you say "alright fellas, screw these bastards, (not fist fighting), but honestly making a sign. If you want unity, a message a day before to all, ANONOMOUSLY would show great unity and stregnth. I believe this "silent minority" is complete crap. The CASTERATED MAJORITY would jump for joy. Not pickin, just another unionists' perspective. But one thing I am sure about, we are NOT a silent minority

As airline pilots I'd like to think that we are self starters and problem solvers but when it comes to our careers we gladly turn apathetic and hand over control to others who we disdain and despise. Is that logical?

Responsibility for YOUR OWN CAREER.... the membership has not taken...

I think it speaks volumes that last week the NWA flight attendants ratified their pay cuts. They were so torn up about the executive bonuses that they thought they would help out by giving back more of their wages. Pictures of giant rats won't change anything. Until airline workers actually perform some sort of concrete civil disobediance, they will continue to be raped by their managments.

-TG

Tin,

That is the problem. We(NWA) wanted UAL and AAA to stand and they did not, then AA went down without a fight, CAL has been on their knees for years(look at some of our wonderful work rules, they look awfully close to CAL and AAA/AW) and don't even get me started on the Lccs and that includes SW. There has been a leadership void in Herndon since deregulation.

There has been a leadership void in Herndon since deregulation.

Maybe you didn't read my post....

100 pilots showed up. The leadership was there... but where was the membership?

Until airline workers actually perform some sort of concrete civil disobediance

maybe you didn't read my posts either...

1. With airline labor groups on thier knees why would anyone conduct civil disobedience. No one is interested... Except the radical monikers on FI...and who are they?

2. You can't even get pilots to show up to a obedient civil demonstration...

but you might say.. Labor doesn't want peaceful deomonstrations..they want civil disobedience... see number #1 above and read post #4 above.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back