NWA giving back to its employees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MALSR

Finally, NWA is giving something back to its employees in order to try and smooth out relations with its workers. In a gratuitous gesture, NWA management- the same management that steered the company into bankruptcy- is granting each employee "...a trip on the airline with family members or a companion." Wow, thanks uncle Doug, we'll take it! And to show our support, go ahead and give yourself a $20 million bonus.

http://www.startribune.com/535/story/1216240.html

Finally, NWA is giving something back to its employees in order to try and smooth out relations with its workers. In a gratuitous gesture, NWA management- the same management that steered the company into bankruptcy- is granting each employee "...a trip on the airline with family members or a companion." Wow, thanks uncle Doug, we'll take it! And to show our support, go ahead and give yourself a $20 million bonus.

http://www.startribune.com/535/story/1216240.html

Check out this photo in today's USA today:
http://i.usatoday.net/money/_photos/2007/05/31/northwestx-large.jpg

Management doesn't give a rats a$$ about any demonstrations. They still got the money...your money!

A picture of pilots-less/flight attendent-less jets all lined up at gates and lounges filled with pax going no where fast WILL get managements attention!

And yes, it will take some civil disobedience such as defying some court order or such. In 1886, 90,000 workers went on strike just for an 8 hour workday. Just think what we could do with that kind of unity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haymarket_Riot

Unit

Management doesn't give a rats a$$ about any demonstrations. They still got the money...your money!

A picture of pilots-less/flight attendent-less jets all lined up at gates and lounges filled with pax going no where fast WILL get managements attention!

And yes, it will take some civil disobedience such as defying some court order or such. In 1886, 90,000 workers went on strike just for an 8 hour workday. Just think what we could do with that kind of unity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haymarket_Riot

Unit

from the wikipedia link above:

Chicago police intervened and attacked the strikers, killing four, wounding several others and sparking outrage in the city's working community.

Let me guess.. a few dead Air Line pilots is a fair price...

Local anarchists distributed fliers calling for a rally at Haymarket Square, then a bustling commercial center (also called the Haymarket) near the corner of Randolph Street and Des Plaines Street in what was later called Chicago's west Loop. These fliers alleged police had murdered the strikers on behalf of business interests and urged workers to seek justice.

Anarchy? I like democracy! Who is for Anarchy!

A bomb was thrown at the police line and exploded, killing policeman Mathias J. Degan.[7] The police immediately opened fire. While several of their number besides Degan appear to have been injured by the bomb; most of the casualties seem to have been caused by bullets. About sixty officers were wounded in the riot, as well as an unknown number of civilians. In all, seven policemen and at least four workers were killed in the riot. There is no accurate count of the latter, as those injured were afraid to seek medical attention for injuries, fearing punishment for their part in the riot.

Yeah! Air Line Pilots killing the police! Heck yeah! Sign me up!! Let's be gangsta pilots... let's get some StreetCred! I need some biotches and hoes...

Eight people connected directly or indirectly with the rally and its anarchist organisers were charged with Degan's murder: The jury returned guilty verdicts for all eight defendants, with death sentences for seven

I love it! Air Line Pilots sentenced to death!!

Journalist George Frederic Parsons, for example, wrote a piece for the Atlantic Monthly articulating the fears of middle-class Americans concerning labor radicalism, asserting that workers had only themselves to blame for their troubles

There it is in bold... if ALPA pilots did a SOS there would be no public support.... an SOS would be political suicide....

Would just like to add that the world famous May Day holiday was inaugurated in memory of the Haymaker riots. So all those communists out there in Russia, Cuba, China, etc. are really practicing a US holiday which I always thought was rather ironic.

Is the free ticket positive space or just plain old Standby? Guess who's gonna get bumped first?

If they want to show us they care, show us the $$$$$!

here is a thought, is the trip a one way positive space? What are the limitations on this travel? I bet it wil be very hard to make a nice trip work under its restrictions. Oh, and in that same article, was the 32 Airbus 330's a new order, not previously disclosed? Whats the delivery time?

The last few A-330's arrive this summer and the fleet will be at 32. The tickets are positive space to Conus and Mexico. Have had 3 other sets of these over the last few years. Come in handy. Gets us to Cancun every year free and positive space.

Will the company give the time off to go? IOW NWA has all red tails work thier tails off.. no one has time to travel.... and who'd want to go back to "work". Show me the $$$$$

Rez... you're killing me!!!

No, in the event of an SOS, I don't think you'd see Air Line pilots dukin' it out with the police; I don't think you'd see Air Line pilots getting sentenced to death.

Just think of it this way... Air Line pilots show up at work, at every airport in the nation, and instead of going through security to their gates, they stand in front of the terminal saying NO MORE MANAGEMENT ABUSE!

Political support? I don't care if some Walmart-shoppin', NASCAR-watching, non-showering redneck is supporting me. I care about my fellow pilots who keep getting the short end of the stick by being nice guys and playing fair against an ugly adversary who does not play fair.

Make sense?

Latest resources

Back