NWA front gear collapsed at Guam

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Goose17

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=564&ncid=564&e=16&u=/nm/20050819/ts_nm/guam_plane_dc_1

GUAM (Reuters) - Three people were injured when the front landing gear of a Northwest Airlines plane carrying 318 passengers collapsed on landing at Guam international airport on Friday, officials said. The Boeing 747 was evacuated shortly after arriving from Japan's Narita airport, said Rolenda Faasuamalie, a spokeswoman for Guam international airport.
"Northwest personnel activated an emergency slide and passengers were evacuated," she said.

There was no immediate statement from Northwest Airlines on the accident.

The Pacific island's airport was closed and all international arrivals diverted to the nearby Saipan island or the U.S. airforce base on Guam.

"Three people were injured. I don't know the extent of the injuries, but one passenger was taken to the naval hospital," Guam Governor Felix Camacho told reporters.

The passengers, most of them Japanese tourists, were being kept in a holding area. There were 13 flight attendants and three pilots on the flight.

"Thank God he's OK," said Elizabeth Medina, a Guam resident, after being informed that her husband had been evacuated safely from the plane.

"I was worried, I thought he was one of them (the injured passengers)."

Dateline impact?

So...since Guam is across the dateline, does that mean the strike is on over there already, and this airplane's gear collapsed because the scab mechanics $uck so bad the airplane is grounding itself? Bad thinking, cause that gives the scab mechanics a chance to really mess it up. Or maybe, the scab mechanics already messed it up...

Who knows......?

(Tongue firmly planted in cheek......)

Latest resources

Back