• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA DC-9's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Other than doing an illegal job action there is not much you can do besides back your MEC.

I think there are:

1. Stay engaged. That means read everything, and ask questions. Make sure you understand the issues. That alone will ease half the angst over this evolution. Give feedback to your reps. They need to know how we prioritize the issues.

2. Spread the word. Flying with somebody on the margins of reality? Help them out. Get THEM engaged.

3. Ignore the loons. You know who they are. They were loons 10-years ago. They were loons 5-years ago. They will be loons throughout this. (insert "leopard doesn't change spots" analogy here) Just because 10% of what they spew "might" make sense doesn't mean they aren't toxic to the process of protecting and enhancing our careers. They are. Here's a good litmus test: If they assert a course of action or make a dire prediction with 100% certainty, they are loons. If they blame only one side for our difficulties in getting this done, they are ignorant loons, or worse...loons with an agenda.

4. Take care of yourself and each other. The last thing we need is "casualties". Keep your stress level down and help your brothers keep their's down. That'll help us do our jobs safely, and allow us to focus on the important stuff.

The arbitrator I hope will come out with a list of seniority that will hopefully piss everyone off. Then you will hopefully get the best of each others contracts. Honestly can you hope for more than that?

I'm in!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back