Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"To believe on knows is ignorance"
Words to live by.

You speak before the merger has been fully completed. Wait it out and see how big the integration costs will be (some estimates put it at $1 billion dollars). Lets see what the SLI looks like. And lets actually see the end final product. Then we'll conclude just how good/bad it is. From the looks of it so far, the repercussions will not be good for the industry.

And btw, reduced competition.... aka reduced planes and reduced jobs.
Wow you're a... nevermind

"To believe one knows is ignorance"
Words to live by.
Edited my error, too bad you can't edit yours(VA puke).

Now, go crawl back to first year pay Mr Virgin America.

Have anything constructive to add, or do you just want to continue exchanging insults? As you can see, everyone responding to Flyer1015 on this thread thinks he has no idea what he is talking about!

Last edited:
Call me names, do whatever you wish.

I still stand by my statements and my stance... lets see this merger go through in its entirety, when all eggs have fallen into place, when there is a SLI, and a successful integration of the two sides, when they operate as one. It'll take a long time,for sure. And even YOUR management has said that integration costs can reach up to one billion, but the synergies 'expected' should outweigh the integration cost.

You can sing a happy tune all day long. I'm going to wait it out and see the end result. So far, I have not been impressed.

Time will tell. That's always the case. Time is the one constant factor. Time will tell all. We just have to wait and watch.

Call me names, do whatever you wish.

I still stand by my statements and my stance... lets see this merger go through in its entirety, when all eggs have fallen into place, when there is a SLI, and a successful integration of the two sides, when they operate as one. It'll take a long time,for sure. And even YOUR management has said that integration costs can reach up to one billion, but the synergies 'expected' should outweigh the integration cost.

You can sing a happy tune all day long. I'm going to wait it out and see the end result. So far, I have not been impressed. We all got thrust into this merger. We could just sit around and bitch, or we can accept it like men and try to make it work. You'll see most are doing the latter. Trust but verify everything about this merger. We are not some 2nd year PCL RJ F/O, all of us have been in this business for many years. We aren't naive, trust me, we are scrutinizing this with cautious optimism. Not everyone wants to be as unhappy and as negative as you!

Time will tell. That's always the case. Time is the one constant factor. Time will tell all. We just have to wait and watch.

If time will tell, then how come everything you post is negative? You don't know what will happen. You have an OUTSIDE perspective based off 5 NWA guys you talked to. Sorry, but talking to 5 NWA pilots does not make you an expert!

As for my former regional career, you seem to think that's what got me to the majors...wrong. I had more than enough experience, unfortunately 9/11 dictated my path. Mid 30's w/16 years of getting paid to fly and yet you only reference my last few years at a regional. Just like your assessment on this merger, you're full of it! If anything, RJ growth hurt me by preventing me from getting to a major sooner!

Anyway, my buddy "B", a very cool Pinnacle CA in DTW, knows you...you're a piece of work, nothing positive to say about you. Your posts prove him correct! Enough said about that...

Last edited:
If time will tell, then how come everything you post is negative? You don't know what will happen. You have an OUTSIDE perspective based off 5 NWA guys you talked to. Sorry, but talking to 5 NWA pilots does not make you an expert!

You'll have to excuse my negative views. Part of it stems from the lack of any successful integration in the recent aviation industry. Believe me when I say I wish good luck to any and every NWA, Delta, Connection, and Airlink pilot out there.

I do hope things turn out great. But recent past history regarding mergers have put a sour taste in many peoples' minds.

You are right, time will tell.

Good luck to everyone.

As for my former regional career, you seem to think that's what got me to the majors...wrong. I had more then enough experience, unfortunately 9/11 dictated my path. Mid 30's w/16 years of getting paid to fly and yet you only reference my last few years at a regional. Just like your assessment on this merger, you're full of it! If anything, RJ growth hurt me by preventing me from getting to a major sooner!

Just making a point that those who lived in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. As a former RJ pilot, you seemed to come off with a "I've got mine" attitude regarding regional carriers.

Anyway, my buddy "B", a very cool Pinnacle CA in DTW, knows you...you're a piece of work, nothing positive to say about you. Your posts prove him correct! Enough said about that...

Bravo Sierra. There are only two people on this forum who know my real true identity. Neither are Pinnacle Captains anymore, they moved onto bigger things. Anyone who claims to know me on this forums is full of it (besides the two already mentioned).

You'll have to excuse my negative views. Part of it stems from the lack of any successful integration in the recent aviation industry. Believe me when I say I wish good luck to any and every NWA, Delta, Connection, and Airlink pilot out there. Then why all the harsh posts? The new DAL management team seems to be doing a good job, they have our support, again...trust but verify!

I do hope things turn out great. But recent past history regarding mergers have put a sour taste in many peoples' minds. Yet again, why mouth off about a merger, especially when you have no information other than rumors from NWA friends? You have never experienced a merger first hand, especially one that seems to be proceeding with support from most on both sides, why the bitterness?

You are right, time will tell.

Good luck to everyone.Thank you, that must be your first positive post on this subject.

Just making a point that those who lived in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. As a former RJ pilot, you seemed to come off with a "I've got mine" attitude regarding regional carriers.Guess that point really didn't apply to me, go point your finger at someone else.

Bravo Sierra. There are only two people on this forum who know my real true identity. Neither are Pinnacle Captains anymore, they moved onto bigger things. Anyone who claims to know me on this forums is full of it (besides the two already mentioned).

Nope, like I said, enough about this from my end. It's over.

Good luck at Pinnacle, hope things go well for you.:beer:

Then why all the harsh posts? The new DAL management team seems to be doing a good job, they have our support, again...trust but verify!

Because it's an airline merger! Things are harsh. Not that this is AA and TWA, or US Airways and AWA, but still, there aren't too many examples of very successful happy mergers. That's why my uneasiness with it all. I do mean it when I say I hope everything turns out the best for all parties.

Then again, why mouth off about a merger, especially when you have no information other than rumors from NWA friends? You have never experienced a merger first hand, especially one that seems to be proceeding with support from most on both sides, why the bitterness?

5 guys is a lot, considering I only know 8 NWA pilots. Those 5 had very negative views. And like I said, these 5 are among the ones who voted 'no.' Apparently, they are the minority. But it doesn't mean I discredit their views. I understand where they are coming from, and respect them for it.

Thank you, that must be your first positive post on this subject.

You and I both want the same thing: a successful outcome that benefits and is good for everyone.

Guess that point really didn't apply to me, go point your finger at someone else.

A previous post came off as such. I digress, and I respect you for all the crap you have had to go through pre and post 9/11.

Nope, like I said, enough about this from my end. It's over.

Just calling it like is. There are some people here who you will never find the true identity to. Like DoinTime. DoinTime is a great guy, but like me, he keeps his anonymity and will not let anyone know who he really is.

Good luck at Pinnacle, hope things go well for you.

Good luck to EVERYONE, and hope things go well for everybody! :)

Edited my error, too bad you can't edit yours(VA puke).

Now, go crawl back to first year pay Mr Virgin America.

Have anything constructive to add, or do you just want to continue exchanging insults? As you can see, everyone responding to Flyer1015 on this thread thinks he has no idea what he is talking about!

Like I said...and you do?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Like I said...and you do?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Apparently so, since I post info directly from DAL/NWA and our MEC's communications that are emailed to us. I'll take my MEC's facts over FI made up opinions.

Again, you have nothing constructive to add, just your typical spin!

I think most on FI would agree, the only with a credibility problem would by the Virgin America puke. :puke:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back