• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA/DAL 2000 Payrates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not what you think you are worth but what the company can pay. The economy is debilitating right now.

"Ask not what your company can do for you but what you can do for your company."

I know you are trying to have fun here and it is fun reading your ridiculous posts (although Frank Lorenzo is a bit more funny), but Delta is the largest airline in the world, has plenty of cash on hand, and has "synergies" that are starting to pay off thanks to the merger, and they will continue to pay off in the future. We will capitalize on those.

Bye Bye--General Lee

But the NWA guarantee was higher correct? 75 hours

Not sure what the NWA guarantee was, but the DAL reserve guarantee was 5 hours less than the monthly regular line cap, which was between 75 and 80 hours with a minimum numbers of days off for a regular line holder of between 14-16 days, depending on the cap. The annual average cap could not exceed 78:45 domestic and 79:45 int'l.

At the time it was not considered a good thing to have a high cap. The higher your cap the fewer the number of crews needed and the fewer days off. The emphasis was on high pay per hour of work and max days off with the ability to pick up premium flying.

Yes it is tweedle dumb. I wish it worked at way but it doesn't.

Oh...ok then....ummm...tell me again...what qualifies your outspoken opinion on mainline pay rates????

now IF we were talking RJ payrates, your opinion might be relevant, but I am legitimately curiously where your opinion fits into this discussion?

It's not what you think you are worth but what the company can pay. The economy is debilitating right now.

"Ask not what your company can do for you but what you can do for your company."

For a flamebaiter you're not even witty (zitty, perhaps, but not witty.) You can't hold a candle to Frank Lorenzo. Give up, game over. You're wasting everyone's time -- including your own.

I'm one of those morons. Can you please post a link explaining this gvt tax or can you explain it using small word (pictures would be even better)?

This is put very briefly:
Today our government simply creates or borrows money in order to meet their budget. The money is not backed by anything at all, the gold standard is old news. With the new amounts of cash injected in the money supply it does not raise the value of goods and services paid for, it simply reduces the value of the dollar.

If we take an example of a group of 20 people and each one of them has 10 dollars to buy different goods and services from each other, you will find market prices for those goods and services. No give each person 500 dollars and you will find the prices shoot up not because their value has gone up, but because the value of the money has decreased.

Think about what has happened in today's world- the government has just created or borrowed 1 trillion dollars!
Please read this book: The Creature From Jekkyl Island by G. Edward Griffen. It is the most educational book on this topic. Don't feel bad about not knowing this information, 95% of Americans could not tell you where the money supply comes from and how banks operate.

Don't feel bad about not knowing this information, 95% of Americans could not tell you where the money supply comes from and how banks operate.

I don't feel bad. You didn't explain anything new to me. I was just waiting for luckytohaveajob to explain to me how, "Inflation is a hidden government controlled tax which always increases."

You gotta love FI.com and the hit-and-run posters.

Latest resources

Back