NWA Chp. 11

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mugs said:
He must have been beaten up frequently on the playground as a kid.

A pre-requisite for working at UPS. It's payback time from some of the freight dog jocks; they've been treated like red-headed step children for too long. Needless to say, all the majors filing for Chap. 11 is their coming out party. Party on...but the party will end at some point.

DaveGriffin said:
So Deli;

Is it you that is responsible for keeping the old, overweight, unattractive FAs hanging around, just to have a chance at your amorous favors? The same FAs, about which, our good friend GL is always b*tching?

Disclaimer: Dave is not, and has never been, married to any FA (or any other employee of any airline.)

PS A few double martinis sure take the sting out of today’s events. Cheers

Dave,

Rumor has it that you did marry one of our stews, in a public viewing on the courthouse steps in San Fran. Good for you and Stan. Send me some photos. We do have too many plus sized stews though. I can't wait to see them in the new uniforms....

Bye Bye--General Lee

FreightNazi said:
To be replaced by UPS and FedEx! the only two remaining "real" majors.... You know.... big bucks, big equipment, big retirement, and companies as stable as you can get in private enterprise.

Enjoy it...right up to the point when a low cost cargo carrier enters this market too. JetBlue cargo...Ask What Blue Can Do For You!

Didn't UPS just have a strike vote pass by like 90%?

WillowRunVortex said:
Come OOUUWWN Deli, I think 320 said it best, "a Northwest flight attendant wouldn't piss on a Northwest pilot if he was on fire."

WRV

Willow-

I think I actually said that about the NW mechanics.......but it holds true for the F/As also. And the Gate Agents, and the Rampers, and Management, and.........

320AV8R

G4G5 said:
The problem becomes two fold.

First off career expectations do differ. NWA has 36 -747's with a pay rate of $232
They also have 15 A330's and 22-DC10's @$209. DAL has 8 -777 @ $216 21-767-400' @$204. The NWA guys will want a proportional rate of future wide body flying and fences on 747's. This is hwat they already have with the red, blue and green lists.

Secondly NWA has the most in efficient seniority list in the business and this really places a hamper on trying to increase any future intergrations. When I was there they actually had 6 divisions, per aircraft, per base, per seat. Example MEM DC9 Capt had Red, Blue and Green guys and then they had line guys and reserve guys with no intergration. They are also the only airline that still has 2 international captians on long haul flying, everyone else has gone to 1 capt. By the time they get done with their list and DAL's Green and yellow slips this will be the list of the century. Until then it would really be a scheduling nightmare. Then once the list is done it becomes a training nightmare. Before any efficiencies are ever achieved. You could eaisly be a capt on your JFK-Kiev route.

G4G5

Get your facts straight... There is not a separate list for the Red, Green and Blue guys.... The RGB issus are used to bid equip(Ends Jan 2006)... When you are on it, it goes by DOH... We use Captains on augmented flights which provides for more high paying positions... There is no integration of Res and Line Holders which is, IMO a lot better...There is no hanging on the bubble...

Later

Latest resources

Back