• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA announces CRJ900 and EMB-175 orders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Erj's go to Compass for two or three years when Cohen spins it off at a bankable profit (thus, your third ... temporary main player at airlink ... Cohen then goes profitably to AA to pick up where Cradall left off years ago and does more of the same as he has done at Airways and NWA). Crj900 to XJ who NWA continues to keep close to the pocket (in so many ways). Remaining Crj200's to 9E, who lives to fight another day, depending on reliability. That's reliability, in the literal sense. NWA counts on the attrition numbers to satisfy/justify radical displacements in the long haul. Retirement is the most reliable/predictable number that everyone seems to forget. NWA family new hires will be all the talk here at flight info in about a year from now.

DRIFT DIAMOND!!!!!

YOU'VE GOT IT DUDE. SERIOUSLY GUYS, THIS IS THE PLAN. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS LOOK AT COHEN'S TRACK RECORD AND SEE THAT THIS IS HIS GAME. HE IS NOTHING MORE THAN AN OPPORTUNISTIC SNAKE WITH A MASSIVE EGO.

I DON'T AGREE WITH THE PART ABOUT AMERICAN THOUGH. I'M CONVINCED AFTER WATCHING HIS ACT THAT HE'LL BE THE NEXT CEO OF NORTHWEST. THINK ABOUT IT. HE HAS BEEN JONESING TO RUN HIS OWN SHOW. USAIR TAKES HIS IDEA AND LET'S HIM FIGURE THE PLAN OUT. WE ALL KNOW HOW THAT TURNED OUT. THEN HE COMES TO NWA WITH THE PLAN TO DRIVE THEM INTO BK AND AN IDEA ABOUT ANOTHER SMALL JET OPERATOR (SOUNDS FAMILIAR TO THIS POINT). NWA SEES HIM AS SOME KIND OF GENIUS AND BUYS OFF ON HIS IDEA (AFTER ALL IT WORKED ONCE ALREADY), AND LET HIM BE THE CEO OF THE COMPASS. HE'LL TAKE IT, RUN IT (MAYBE UNTIL HE SPINS IT), AND THEN SELL IT, CUTTING THE BOYS OFF THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST. PRESTO!!!! SHAAAZZZAAAMMMM!!!!! BIG PROFITS, EVERYONE GOES WHOA!, YOU'RE A GENIUS! HOW ABOUT MAKING HIM THE NEW CEO OF NORTHWEST? STEENLAND OUT, COHEN IN, TIME FOR A MERGER AND LOOK WHAT A GOOD JOB HE'S DONE AT NORTHWEST--HE'D BE GREAT AS CEO OF THE SURVIVING CARRIER NORTHWEST/DELTA OR WHATEVER. THERE YOU HAVE IT...AND NO LUBE FOR THE EMPLOYEES.

WHAT A SCHMUCK!!!

I digress. Cohen stays until 2010. NWA labor folks need to keep a closer eye on this numb nut.

NWA revealed in a 5-5-05 SEC filing the details of Neal Cohen's (NWA's new Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer) compensation package. Details include:

Annual base salary: $425,000
Inducement Payment: $200,000
Five cash retention payments of $100,000 paid annually beginning May 1, 2006
Guaranteed annual cash incentive payment for 2005 equal to 60% of base salary (subject to requirements of Pilot Bridge Agreement)
150,000 stock-options (vests in installments over 4 years)
Phantom stock award of 100,000 shares (vesting over 3 years)
Additional phantom stock award of 75,000 shares (vesting over 5 years)
Participation in NWA's Long Term Cash Incentive Plan beginning with the 2 year performance period which began January 1, 2005
Lifetime positive-space airline pass privileges for himself, spouse and eligible dependants (requires remaining with NWA until April 1, 2009)
Lifetime medical and dental coverage (requires remaining with NWA until April 1, 2009)
Participation in NWA's Supplemental Executive Retirement Plan (SERP) - this grants Mr. Cohen 2 additional years of pay credit for each pay credit he is entitled to receive under NWA's salaried pension plan. (requires 5 years to be in full effect). Vested benefits under the SERP are payable in a lump-sum cash payment.
Mr. Cohen's pension account will be credited with $200,000 benefit accrual

Source:freemarketnews.com

OK, so where are the airplanes that will be the DC-9 replacements at Mainline? If these morons order EMB-190's and put them at mainline after just ordering 175's for Compass it will be the dumbest move ever. The planes are one type and have identical training and maintenance requirements; to split the fleet between divisions wastes potential savings from economies of scale and duplicates all kinds of functions unnecessarily. Who comes up with these stupid business plans? Use some common sense for once: forget compass, they can't even manage the carrier they already have so they don't need another one. Make the company simpler not more complex. Get the EMB's but make them all 190's and put them at mainline to replace the DC-9's. Let the subcontractors finance their own Canadairs if they want the flying. This is all crazy.

Again, this could not have been said any better. But what the hell we just fly the damn things......

dam, after reading that, i should think every union guy and ggal here should kick themselves for being in our position...........those execs compensation packages need something to reel them in.....like an industry walk out.

How is this......some law that states that the health care offered to an exec needs to be offered to the rest of the employees.....same for profit sharing...IE stock options......

Hi!

I spoke to one NWA pilot and he believed that the EMBs were really replacements for the 757s. NWA's plan was to get rid of most 757s and sell them to Fed Ex. The few 757s left at NWA would be modified and flown back and forth to Europe. The CRJs are really the replacements for the DC9s.
Of course then this pilot told me that he thought man never landed on the moon and that was something concocted by NASA.

I talked to 3 NWA pilots on Sat. They told me all/some of the -757s were getting "fence cutters" (winglets-never heard that one) and they would be flying ETOPS to Europe.

I also heard the ERJs were the RJ85 replacements and would go to Compass and the CRJs would go to Mesaba once their contract stuff is straightened out.

cliff
LAS

The first 757-200 with winglets is already flying... its a 56XX ship number. I believe all the winglet conversions are going to be 5600 ship numbers.

Latest resources

Back