• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA announces CRJ900 and EMB-175 orders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I stil can not believe the deal the senior pilots gave the company on the 787, they are practically working for free on that airplane considering its operational costs are very low. I expect NWA will quickly exercise all options on that airplane.

Is there a payscale out there for the airplanes that go to Compass?

Mesaba will fly them.

The Mesaba "union" will get a huge concessionary TA, and promote its passage within the rank and file. (They have already voluntarily offered a 15% cut from current book)

The pilots will take ANY cut, in order to keep their (duane worth)less jobs.

Mesaba pilots will undercut the rest of the industry.

You are so full of poop. I hope you feel better in the morning when you look in the mirror and say "man I am glad I put that post on flightinfo last night! I feel sooo good about myself!"
Mooron! Where in the heck do you get your tid bit of information>>> While sitting on the rocking chair waiting for the next sucker...I mean student to come in for a lesson?

Is there a payscale out there for the airplanes that go to Compass?

I'd post the whole thing here, but its on PDF. Year 1 Capt pay $60.41 and year 18 is $99.73. FO pay ranges from $23.18 to $41.18. Most of the compensation details have been worked out to include rigs, vacation, training pay.... Hope this answers your question.

Mesaba will fly them.

The Mesaba "union" will get a huge concessionary TA, and promote its passage within the rank and file. (They have already voluntarily offered a 15% cut from current book)

The pilots will take ANY cut, in order to keep their (duane worth)less jobs.

Mesaba pilots will undercut the rest of the industry.

WRONG. I think you've got the wrong airline.
:uzi: MESA/GO-JETS/FREEDOM:smash:

I'm sorry to say that Napoleon is probably not far off. I was shocked to read the last MEC update offering up so much. I don't know how we went from nothing to over 15% in a few weeks. There are less than 600 pilots left on the senority list and a big chunk of them are lifers who will vote yes. Hopefully everyone will suprise me but I don't think so when the last TA was voted in by 65%. Those of us who are saying not one penny are all leaving or trying to.

I spoke to one NWA pilot and he believed that the EMBs were really replacements for the 757s. NWA's plan was to get rid of most 757s and sell them to Fed Ex. The few 757s left at NWA would be modified and flown back and forth to Europe. The CRJs are really the replacements for the DC9s.
Of course then this pilot told me that he thought man never landed on the moon and that was something concocted by NASA.

Why would they replace an airplane with 200 seats (757) for a plane that has 75 seats (EMB-175) and less range in comparison to the plane you say it's replacing?

Doesn't make sense...sorry! Tell your NWA source to put down the pipe!

Erj's go to Compass for two or three years when Cohen spins it off at a bankable profit (thus, your third ... temporary main player at airlink ... Cohen then goes profitably to AA to pick up where Cradall left off years ago and does more of the same as he has done at Airways and NWA). Crj900 to XJ who NWA continues to keep close to the pocket (in so many ways). Remaining Crj200's to 9E, who lives to fight another day, depending on reliability. That's reliability, in the literal sense. NWA counts on the attrition numbers to satisfy/justify radical displacements in the long haul. Retirement is the most reliable/predictable number that everyone seems to forget. NWA family new hires will be all the talk here at flight info in about a year from now.

Latest resources

Back