NWA and DAL WILL liquidate immediately

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyingFarmer

I think I'll try to flush out all the management smacktards that are cruising this board in stealth mode by generating a little discussion.

Question 1) How long til NW liquidates if the TA is voted down?

Question 2) How long til DAL liquidates if they begin a job action?

I mean, there's no doubt that this WILL happen right. I mean both of these airlines are teetering on the very precipice of disaster, right? The pilot group is out of options and will soon be hitching a ride to the poor house.

(my comments will follow in a later post)

Out of touch with reality the NWA TA will pass, all of my plus 50 NWA friends say they are going to vote for it. The reality is a bad NWA job is better than no job.

I don't think anyone will liquidate. Look at UAL's 3 year bankruptcy. USAir win was in it twice in 4 years.

There will be lots of press, exaserbating the panic, posturing, anger and mayhem. Deals will be cut, TA's approved after 1 or 2 tries, and lots more complaining and blaming the other guys, but I don't think anyone of size is liquidating anytime soon.

Why? Because the majority are afraid of the alternative. ALPA just wants to stay in existence so they can stay in business.

pilotyip said:
Out of touch with reality the NWA TA will pass, all of my plus 50 NWA friends say they are going to vote for it. The reality is a bad NWA job is better than no job.

Out of touch with reality. All my NWA friends in their 30s and 40s say they are going to vote no. The reality is a bad NWA job is worse than a good job in another field that allows one to be home on the weekends and holidays with there families.

800Dog said:
Out of touch with reality. All my NWA friends in their 30s and 40s say they are going to vote no. The reality is a bad NWA job is worse than a good job in another field that allows one to be home on the weekends and holidays with there families.

That's easy to say in public. I'm not holding my breath for the NWA or DAL pilots to actually follow through on their threats. The only group that I might see actually walking off the job is the pilots at Mesaba. Unlike their major airline brethren, they don't really have much to lose. When you're paid crap, you could care less about losing your job.

The guys at DAL and NWA might not make what they did back in the day, but it still is decent money, all things considered.

Of course Pilotyip the anti pilot troll is here, now we just need AA73 (John Darah?) to round out those willing to further lower the expectations of pilots everywhere. ALL OF YOU SCARED DELTA/NWA pilots need to wake up, what the United and AA and USair pilots never realized was that the banks, leasing companies, and every other creditor that is beholding to said airline will NOT LET you guys just LIQUIDATE! It's not going to happen. When the pilots finally say they've given enough is when it will stop. Say ENOUGH! Now who is the first bright boy who is going to get on here and say "that's what they said at Eastern" Anyone?

In my next post we can discuss how very different DAL and NWA are from Eastern, unless any of you PINHEADS out there would like to take a stab at it.

Last edited:
There are a lot of interested parties in bankruptcy besides the pilots. And they don't want the airline to liquidate either. If the pilots vote down the TA, NWA will NOT liquidate immediately. The media would be manipulated to make the pilots look like a-holes, but eventually deals would be made, and things would work out.

Prior to Ch 11, NWA used to make a big deal about how they had the lowest non-labor cost in the industry, but the highest labor costs.

To me, that says NWA doesn't really need the lowest labor costs to have the lowest overall costs. Factor in the growing pacific market, and first dibs on the 787 deliveries, I think NWA will be looking pretty decent in a few years.
Would really piss me off to be stuck with a long-term crappy contract when the airline starts making piles of cash.

Turbo

I think that ALPA is falling apart at the seams. If the NWA pilots sign this piece of crap TA, then their is no future for this union or this profession. You can pound your ALPA chest all day, but in the end ALPA national has done nothing to even slow the race to the bottom. Since we all screw each other by lowering the bar each time we TA crap offers, what is the real incentive to "claim" to be apart of the same union? I'm a little baffled why we claim to be brothers when it's apparant that it's everyone for themselves. If the redtail folks vote this crap in, then we will have our final winner in this race to the bottom.

800Dog said:

Yeah and companies are just rushing to hire ex-NWA pilots to fill these positions. The NWA TA will pass one way or another. The only ones opposed to it are the junior guys -- just check out crappyta.com and check the seniority dates.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back