• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA and DAL WILL liquidate immediately

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IF the DAL pilots walked and then subsequently refused to go to go back to the table, I would think DAL would liquidate immediately.

But I think the DAL folks will take it in the shorts again, and it'll be status-quo....

However, from a purely economic standpoint, the absence of a few million ASM's would do wonders for the profitability of the industry as a whole.

accinelli said:
Yeah and companies are just rushing to hire ex-NWA pilots to fill these positions. The NWA TA will pass one way or another. The only ones opposed to it are the junior guys -- just check out crappyta.com and check the seniority dates.

Why would they hire them? Well educated, highly motivated folks with leadership skills that a loser like yourself will never possess comes to mind.

I would bet that this TA will come to pass. I think if past history is any indicator then we can be assured that this deal will come to fruition. Heck, I can't necessarily blame the NWA guys. It's always easy to rattle your saber. But it's not always easy to be the guinea pig. All I can say is good luck to the NWA folks...

I'm off on a tangential moment

I just received a PM, perhaps it's more "gentlemanly" to attack someone in private, or behind their back? You exhibit tremendously flawed logic. I stand by most of my words, although I may come off as a hothead most of the time, when proven wrong I say so. I've only seen a few posts here that I would qualify as MGMNT speak, but as some have said before, our words are keenly observed by many. This entire mess began around the time of the dot com bust. Then more recently we had our own management and the oil monopolies trying to throw another log on our burning 9-11 coffins. After all the drama that has unfolded at ALPA herndon and also at most legacy MEC hq's one thing has stayed in the mix. This battle has divided many along seniority lines. Most of the older more senior pilots who have MOSTLY had it easy their entire lives are saying screw the pilots of the future. These are the guys who have ridden the coat tails of the originial pilots that fought to form the building blocks of their present contracts. In the present day, as times have gotten tough, the MOSTLY soft headed, and MOSTLY spineless more senior pilots have decided to eat their young. These are the guys who got into flying the line at the right time. They always say how great their careers have been, and how wonderful it's all been. These are the guys who are basically saying now and have said in the past, to heck with the new guys, I need to hang on to my retirement, at least at one airline, and at others they just said, I'm not willing to go even ONE week without a pay check. These are the girl-men that are running ALPA and most of the Legacy MEC's. They're selling out you young guys, just like they have let the pay and benefits slide downhill ever since the men who studied at the feet of the founders of ALPA started retiring a few years after deregulation. I swear Behnke must be spinning up to about 2600 rpm's in his grave seeing this happen to the job. These are the fools who said ok when MNMGT wanted to farm it out to express, they let scope go, they said ok to product branding, they said, let Mesa do it, or another famous phrase, we don't want that flying anyway. Now because they let the turboprop commuter pilots swing in the wind, instead of making one list from Bandit to 747, they have finally screwed themselves. I personally am a little amused when a hear a senior USAIR or United Captain riding on MY plane to get to work, because he's been displaced, complain how he has no pension. I make a silent GUff-aw and then think about holding up a mirror to this idiots face to show him who's fault it is. MOST OF THESE guys are weak, frightened, and stupid. They are reeping what they have sown. The only hope is that the junior guys rise up and send the message to the soft headed fools that have "lived their dreams" and had a "wonderful life" flying airplanes, that, enough is enough, we are willing to strike over this because we have nothing left to lose.

That is when all this crap will stop. Can I get an AMEN

I have certainly have seen a few TA votes in my career. It seems how one talks in the crew room, or to his friends is certainly different than how that person votes. Bravado and talk are cheap.

Not until your sitting alone, with the ballot in front in of you does it hit home. I do not envy anyone in this position. I have been there, it's not fun. Monday morning arm-chair quaterbacking is easy. Good luck NW and DL pilots. Don't think for a second the outcome doesn't have an affect on all of us.

Confessions Of An Economic Hitman. Great book. The lessons learned can be applied to the pilot profession as well. We are small fish in a big game and are playing along as have many third world nations. Lets draw the line in the sand and say enough! F*** Delta and NWA.

800Dog said:
Why would they hire them? Well educated, highly motivated folks with leadership skills that a loser like yourself will never possess comes to mind.

Let me know when they offer you the job. I look forward to meeting you at the checkout counter and hearing, "Would you like fries with that?" oh wait -- my fault -- you will be the guy mangaging the guy saying "Will you like fries with that?"

Liquidation can't happen soon enough for me. Need to improve my seniority number with the "Hound"...."watch your step...please move behind the yellow line...10 minute rest stop, last stop before Galveston..... das right, das right, flying low with a box fulla joe's and hoe's.....!"

Yes dat ALPA gots me feelin like a mudder-less child ! I's went from swingin gear on the bird to the dog! Lordy, Lordy, dems some mean mis-treaters. Looks like Missuh D W still gettn hissin.....guessin it dont matters days all da same.

(The written thoughts expressed above are in no way intended to express the authors complete disdain for ALPA's leadership during our present crisis. Even though they are paid extremely well for services not rendered!)

Last edited:
Farmer I mostly agree with you. Someone has to take a stand. Good luck to the DAL/NWA guys. It would be a hard thing to cast considering all the chicken little hype the companies are putting out. Hell, we still have guys picking up onerous disputed pairings to line their greedy little pockets. Our own worst enemy....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back