• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nwa Amfa Hangs Alone, You Are Next

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I stand corrected.. The erronious post was mine. My guess was based on my belief that any F/O on property has 5-6 years seniority and was pulling down six figures. Teach me to talk out of my A$$.

Please correct me if my info is bad, but the local media says SWA mechs make more per hour than NWA mechs. I am sure that bennies and retirement tilt in favor of NWA mechs ( possibly doubling the equation ). However, my feeling is that the long range goal of NWA is to use the RLA to bring the unions to their knees and emerge as a " LEGACY" with LCC costs. Steenland was just waiting for Anderson to get out of the way. We have not even begun to see just how good this guy is.

A more typical example: DC-9 FO with 7 years = right around $100/hr.

There is a variable range, depending on what management sets, from 63-75 (min sked-max sked) hours to 69-81 hours depending on the level of flyng and what kind of schedule you ask for.

So, if you flew a minimum schedule when the flying was dialed back some, that would be 63 hours a month x 12 and that would be $75,600. That works out to be around 12-13 days work a month.

If you flew the maximum per month, when the flying was at the max for the category, that would be 81 hours a month x 12, which would be $97,200. That is more typically 15-16 days of work a month (at least on the -9).

So unless you really bust a$$ on the -9 as an FO, it would be tough to break 6 figures. Flying 81 hours on the -9 is tough duty, especially if you commute.

Nu

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back