NWA aims to mend fences

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JP4user said:
All in all, Steenland is probably worse than Lorenzo ever could of hoped to become.
I don't think so, Lorenzo was by far the worst.

YourPilotFriend said:
I don't think so, Lorenzo was by far the worst.

No and I only mean that because Lorenzo told it straight for people to go screw themselves. Steenland actually believes his own propoganda which is far worse in my eyes.

Comparing the two, they have really done the same things in the end.

whymeworry? said:
Well why not? Afterall, the pilots effectively voted in the worst ALPA contract by a landslide.

The 64% to 36% isn't really a landslide..............

To me, the pilots don't seem all that upset. Otherwise they would have voted that POS down, right? Am I wrong here? Of course I'm generalizing. I know there were plenty of pissed off pilots but a majority of the group seemed to OK the deal.

The senior guys probably voted for it 'cuz of the pension. Congress will get on that right after the gay marriage issue, the war in Iraq, high gas prices, the price of tea in China, and the Third World debt.

"Playing nice" with Uncle Doug is fantasy. :laugh:

320AV8R

For instance, if it turns out that Northwest extracted greater concessions than it needed, it should give money back to workers before contracts come up for renegotiation.

ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SH*T,
NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!

ferlo said:
For instance, if it turns out that Northwest extracted greater concessions than it needed, it should give money back to workers before contracts come up for renegotiation.

Great I've failed my next drug test just from reading that one. That is some strong stuff being smoked to say that.

tailhookah said:
Assinelli... you are a ******************************-bag and no better than Steenland for making that comment.

Tail

ps- I meant touche-bag but change the "t" to a "b"....

Did I hurt your feelings. Seems like you are one of the overpaid good for nothing vending machines -- which really is an insult to the vending machines.

accinelli said:
He's right about the FA's.

yeah? Well the "over-paid" vending machines were the only ones that were able to take the so called "smart enemy"(ALPA term) to task. Instead of high-priced over-paid ALPA attorneys,,,all that needed to be done was go out to the playground,,, take little bully Steenland's stick out of his hand,,,smack him on his butt with it and send him back home to mommy.

The former little bully will come back on the playground the next day with apology in hand.

Never fails.

Willow-

Where did you get that the "smart enemy" term was used by ALPA? I got all the mailings, videos, went to the Roadshows, talked to numerous pilots........ never heard it.

The FAs turned their deal down because in their estimation it sucked. I have not seen the details, but it probably did.

The pilot's deal was voted in by a slim margin.......probably a lot of the senior guys voted yes WRT the pension thing. Fair enough. Who knows.

Your comments about the ALPA attorneys, etc have no real bearing on the point at hand. Maybe a slam at ALPA, since you AMR guys take every opportunity to slam ALPA.....since you are so superior.

320AV8R

320 statistics majors would never call 36%-64% a slim margin. All of the NWA guys I fly with seem to be, not happy but relived that it passed.

Latest resources

Back